Trelleborg is a world leader in engineered polymer solutions for almost every industry on the planet. And we are where we are because our talents brought us here. By specializing in the polymer engineering that makes innovation and application possible, Trelleborg works closely with leading industry brands to accelerate their performance, drive their business forward - and along the way, shape the industry and progress that will benefit humankind in the exciting years ahead.
Trelleborg Group (TG) has sales over €3.2 billion and encompasses five divisions. Trelleborg Sealing Solutions (TSS) is one of the five divisions and is split into seven business units: three are in marketing (Asia, Americas and Europe), one is in global supply chain and three are in global manufacturing (Elastomers, Engineered Plastics and Damping Solutions).
TSS is a leading global supplier of precision seals for the industrial, aerospace and automotive markets with sales over €1 billion. TSS has a presence in over 34 countries worldwide, and is comprised of 44 marketing companies, 30 manufacturing companies, 7 supply chain centres and 3 research and development centres.
The position as Project Director will report to the BU President for GOEP (Global Operations Engineered Plastic).
Purpose/Position of job:
While supporting the operational and financial targets and objectives in GOEP, our new Project Director is responsible for the project portfolio and a range of process improvements in our BU’s 11 manufacturing entities, supporting our Operational Excellence ambitions.
Responsibilities and tasks:
The primarily task is establish, coordinate and lead project teams in a matrix structure in the identification, design and delivery of cross functional process improvement initiatives in all sites including:
- Manage project portfolio, execution and timelines, coordinate team members, report progress and manage expectations, risks and issues
- Builds and strengthens our operational excellence capabilities to support performance improvement priorities across manufacturing entities and to help improve our proactive culture of improvement
- Leading and managing aspects of continuous improvement efforts within GOEP, including strategy, organization development and deployment
- Collaborate with business teams to review processes and implement opportunities for improvements, applying Lean and Lean Six Sigma concepts and tools
- Integrate tools to consistently improve process yields, reduce waste and drive productivity
- Track and report process improvement and present progress and accomplishments to the GOEP Management team
Professional and Personal experience, qualifications and requirements:
With a flexible attitude to change, you focus on achieving your goals. Your stile is proactive and you thrive working in a direct honest atmosphere where we are constantly looking for areas to improve.
You have the highest respect for the integrity of each entity but at the same time you are able to build relationship, to negotiate & influence and to manage change in an international matrix and quite anarchistic environment.
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering, with a Lean and a Lean Six Sigma Black Belt or Master Black Belt certification.
- +10 years of experience in Operations or Operational Excellence roles, applying constant improvement and step change principles, preferable with a senior management experience.
- Relevant PMO education/certification or similar experience.
- Track record of success in the rigorous planning, execution and timely delivery of cross regional and functional projects and programs.
- Proven innovation & opportunity identification, translated to tangible initiatives and successful execution of Projects.
- Demonstrated proficiency and passion for Lean and Lean Six Sigma methodology, tools and process improvement within manufacturing.
- Demonstrated proficiency in managing portfolio of projects and in leading change through others to achieve operational excellence.
- Exceptional skills in leadership, coaching, analytical problem solving and strong business acumen.
- Superior written and verbal communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
As a person, you ensure excellence through your motivation and energy. You manage stakeholders with diplomacy and finesse, ensuring long-term buy-in across the organization. It is essential that you are a good communicator and fluent in written and spoken English.
You are very familiar with the challenges of working in a matrix organization - and your direct communication, trust, openness and business understanding supports you when communicating and initiating projects across sites, boarders, interests and cultures.
The position requires that you at times are available at odd hours and are able to travel around 45-60 days per year and with working base in Helsingor, Denmark.
Application and contact
Please apply via the link at the bottom of the page. If you have any questions, please contact BU President Kent Bergenholtz at firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to receiving your application no later that July 11th but evaluate the applications continuously.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder