Project Director, industry in Aarhus or Vejle (28992)
COWI is implementing an ambitious growth strategy within the industry segment and is looking for a project director who can manage and develop our Danish industry project portfolio further.
COWI is one of Denmark's leading consultants within the industry and food segment, and we are experiencing an increasing demand for innovative solutions at home and abroad. Our Industry department has a staff of 50 skilled, ambitious and dedicated employees, and our ambition is to create the most value for our customers by delivering successful projects.
We are looking for a project director specialised in industry and/or food projects to join our team in Aarhus/Vejle. You will report to Vice President Uffe Jensen, and your daily focus will be to develop customer relations and effective execution of projects.
As our new project director, you will be responsible for leading large, multidisciplinary projects especially within the industry and food segment. Furthermore, you will be responsible for managing a portfolio of projects with the focus of achieving the agreed budget and building good customer relations to our customers in Denmark. You will be responsible for strengthening COWI's market position within consultancy services for the Danish industry where our customers are major players within their markets.
Areas of responsibility
- You will be responsible for project planning and execution including economy, deliverables and quality of own projects as well as projects in the project portfolio
- You will act as key account manager for selected customers in the portfolio
- You will be bid manager on large and important "must win" tenders
- You will be responsible for organising, supporting and developing team members in cooperation with the head of section
- You will be responsible for structuring and maintaining strategic partnerships and alliances.
Experienced people person
You hold a Bachelor's or a Master's degree in engineering or similar and have the necessary experience with Danish consultancy business and project management of major projects for Danish industry and/or dairy and meat production.
You have more than10 years of experience as project manager/project director with experience from the consulting business. Also, you have comprehensive business experience and understanding, and you are fluent in Danish and English both written and spoken.
Furthermore, you can recognise yourself as a person in the following statements:
- You can guide, coordinate and motivate managers and employees
- You have strong communication and management skills
- You are capable of analytical and strategic thinking
- You are able to seize new opportunities, and you are persistent and pursue agreed targets
- You are a strong decision-maker, delegator and planner
- You are proactive and result-oriented
- You are thorough and excellent in analysing and evaluating complex issues.
Working at COWI
We offer an informal and highly multidisciplinary working environment that provides excellent possibilities for you to develop your skills. With us, you will be able to shape your position.
- You will get career opportunities in a flat organisation structure
- You will be working with large challenging projects and you will get the opportunity to work with both technical and commercial aspects for the major players in the Danish Industry
- You will get a broader perspective in a consulting firm that designs technical solutions for tomorrow's sustainable societies, as part of the green conversion
- We offer a competitive salary package dependent on qualifications, including pension, health care and a bonus scheme.
If you would like to know more about the position or if you have any questions, feel free to contact:
Uffe Jensen, Vice President
Mobile: +45 4017 6450
Interviews will be held on an ongoing basis, so please send us your CV and application as soon as possible, however, at the latest on 1 May 2018. Apply for the position via the "Ansøg" link found on this page.
Do you consider yourself as the right match for the position with the required competencies, please do not hesitate to contact us to hear more even though you do not have the time to update your CV and prepare an application.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder
Tlf.: +45 4017 6450