Project Controls Manager (Copenhagen/Esbjerg)
We invite you to bring your project controls manager experience into play as you participate in a variety of exciting projects from early start-up
We invite you to bring your project controls manager experience into play as you participate in a variety of exciting projects from early start-up to EPC in the Energy market. To succeed in this role you must have min. 10 years of proven senior planning/project controls experience from larger projects.
Are you our new Project Controls Manager?
Inviting bright minds
Do you want to push the boundaries of your profession and develop your excellence in an open, collaborative and empowering culture? We work to create a sustainable future and our inspiring projects and innovative solutions aim to set the standard among our peers. You will join a global company that has been growing successfully since its founding in 1945. Together, we lead and leave a positive impact on societies, companies and people around the world.
You will join our Project Control Department in our Project Management Office
As our new Project Controls Manager you will be part of the Project Control Department in the “Energy Transition” Division within Ramboll Energy. The Project Control Department located in Denmark (Esbjerg, Copenhagen) Norway, UK, and India is responsible for supporting the projects and continuously developing the project support disciplines in Ramboll Energy. The department is responsible for the operational planning and reporting for various projects going from small to large size. The PMO consists of 40+ dedicated employees working with Projects Management, hereof 18+ with project planning, project controlling and document management as part of the Project Control department. Ideally, you will be based in our office in Copenhagen or Esbjerg, however, we are open to considering other locations as well.
Your key tasks and responsibilities will be:
- Project Controls Manager/Senior Planner on larger projects, e.g. EPC/EPC-like projects
- Create and maintain project schedule, progress measurement, and change management
- Project reporting for both external and internal use
- Project Control lead and support to Project Management with regards to controlling and follow-up on the project status and reporting
- Reviews project changes to evaluate detail schedule impact; responsible for quantifying and incorporating the effect and impact of approved changes in the overall schedule
- Advises Project Managers and Project Management of any potential schedule issues and when necessary, provides guidance on, corrective action and measures to mitigate any adverse trends
- Reviews and checks sub-contractors progress reports for accuracy of progress measurement. Verifies, reviews, and endorses claimed progress reported by sub-contractor.
- Analyses schedule and progress trends
- Responds to and requests from Project Management related to Scheduling and Reporting, including development of progress metrics, and/or key performance indicators
- Develop and implement processes for the project control, planning and reporting with the objective to increase efficiency and quality in project control.
Your starting point for constant growth
From the moment you join Ramboll, we will support your personal and professional development so that you grow with the company.
For this role, we believe your starting point is:
- Technical degree, or bachelor / master’s degree in engineering. Alternatively, a bachelor / master’s degree in Economics & Business Administration or similar education with a project management course
- Minimum 8-10 years’ experience of Energy industry including senior project planning experience within Energy projects with exposure in planning, cost and risk management including project controls, cost and schedule development
- Understanding of the project schedule, the schedule basis and the work process to be followed for plan creation. Detailed knowledge of the project scope report and the execution strategy, including client reporting requirements to support project management. Working with Senior Project Managers, Project Managers, Project Engineers and Lead Engineers to proactively develop and maintain the schedule
- In-depth experience and knowledge of Primavera P6, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Office products (e.g. Excel) and Power BI systems
- Analytical skills, with an eye for detail
- Effective time management, with ability to meet deadlines
- Very good in communicating in English both orally and in writing. Similar Danish skills are an advantage.
Personal qualities that will help you succeed in this role include:
Your team working skills as you will interact with various stakeholders and colleagues. It is natural for you to follow-up make sure that people deliver in due time. When working on projects you use your flexibility and willingness to adapt when projects are changing in scope and numbers. Your communication skills are put to good use as you juggle multiple tasks close to deadlines. You know that the devil is in the detail, and you thrive working independently.
Working at Ramboll
To work at Ramboll means being part of a people organisation. We are focused on knowledge sharing and collaboration across competence areas and geography, and we aim for a strong diversity among our employees. This enables us to solve a broad range of projects, and we firmly believe that cross-collaboration leads to creative and longstanding solutions. Thus, the possibilities at Ramboll are many and diverse –we invest a lot in the development of people and offer career paths tailored for each individual.
Welcome to our Energy division
Ramboll is at the forefront of addressing the green transition and offers a holistic approach to energy that supports the sector on the journey towards more sustainable solutions. With 1,800 experts in 14 countries, covering the full spectrum of technologies and all parts of the value chain from production and transmission to distribution, we plan, design and implement energy solutions all over the world.
Ramboll in Denmark
Ramboll is a leading engineering, architecture and consultancy company founded in Denmark in 1945, with 16,500 employees globally. In Denmark, we are 3,500 colleagues delivering innovative solutions within Buildings, Transport, Water, Environment & Health, Energy and Management Consulting. We invite you to contribute to a sustainable future, working in an open, collaborative and empowering culture.
How to apply
Apply online. Attach your CV, cover letter and relevant documents showcasing why you are the right fit for the role, and when you are available to start. We look forward to receiving your application.
Deadline: 28 February 2023.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder