Professor in Sustainable Water Management at Aarhus University 984571
Centre for Water Technology (WATEC) at Aarhus University is looking for a professor within the area of sustainable water management as described below.
The position is available from January 1, 2019 or as soon as possible thereafter.
WATEC research includes:
- Mapping and modelling of groundwater resources
- High-tech wastewater treatment, including removal of trace contaminants
- Constructed wetland treatment technologies
- Restoration of lakes and streams
- Modelling of the whole water cycle and its biological components
- Environmental sensors development
- Socioeconomic evaluation of management strategies
The new professor should strengthen research and teaching associated with WATEC by integration of several of the research fields mentioned above. The selected person should thereby be able to coordinate and initiate cross-disciplinary activities within WATEC.
Alternatively the new professor should focus on two aspects of sustainable water management that have been identified as crucial in the future:
- Urban water supply, including implementation of sensors and meters in water distribution systems and digitization of data-handling and decision making, with the aim of optimizing safe water supply and minimizing water loss and aggregated distribution costs
- Water management in recirculated aquaculture
You are expected to:
- present plans for relevant high-impact research and interaction with other WATEC researchers
- conduct research at the highest international level
- successfully attract external research grants from industry, national and international sources
- develop and contribute to relevant educational courses at the PhD, Master’s and Bachelor’s level
- participate in supervision of Bachelor, Master’s, and PhD students and postdocs
- establish synergies between your own research and other related research activities to secure the needed interdisciplinary approaches
- maintain a strong national and international network of contacts with leading research groups, as well as pursuing industrial contacts
- be responsible for effective knowledge exchange with society, utility companies, and industry
- Mentor post docs and young researchers in attracting competitive funding.
The following professional and personal qualifications are required:
- PhD degree or equivalent qualifications
- Documented research qualifications at professorship level
- Experience in communication of research in a wide context
- Ability to strengthen national and international cooperation within the research area
- Documented ability to attract research funding
- Documented experience with supervision of postdocs, PhD and MSc students
- Documented teaching experience
- Documented skills in relation to international collaboration and development of interdisciplinary research teams.
For further information about WATEC visit http://watec.au.dk. For information about the departments visit http://scitech.au.dk/en/, and for information about AU in general visit and http://www.au.dk/en/.
Conditions of Appointment
The position is open for appointment from 01/01 2019. Individual negotiations will take place, and it is evident that senior research leaders may have existing commitments and need time and resources to relocate to Denmark. Aarhus University offers competitive start-up packages.
The primary place of work will be in one of the four locations of WATEC: Aarhus, Roskilde, Silkeborg or Foulum (near Viborg) at the relevant department at Science and Technology, Aarhus University, depending on the specific expertise.
For further information contact Head of WATEC, Niels Peter Revsbech, phone: +45 2338 2187, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Shortlisting is used. This means that after the deadline for applications and with the assistance from the assessment committee chairman, and the assessment committee if necessary, the head of department selects the candidates to be evaluated. The selection is made on the basis of an assessment of who of the candidates are most relevant considering the requirements of the advertisement. All applicants will be notified within 6 weeks whether or not their applications have been sent to an expert assessment committee for evaluation. The selected applicants will be informed about the composition of the committee and will receive his/her assessment. Once the recruitment process is completed a final letter of rejection is sent to the deselected applicants, including the main considerations emphasized during the selection process.
Formalities and salary range
Science and Technology refers to the Ministerial Order on the Appointment of Academic Staff at Danish Universities under the Danish Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation.
The application must be in English and include a curriculum vitae, degree certificate, a complete list of publications, a statement of future research plans and information about research activities, teaching portfolio and verified information on previous teaching experience. Guidelines for applicants can be found here.
Appointment shall be in accordance with the collective labour agreement between the Danish Ministry of Finance and the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations. Further information on qualification requirements and job content may be found in the Memorandum on Job Structure for Academic Staff at Danish Universities. (in Danish).
Salary depends on seniority as agreed between the Danish Ministry of Finance and the Confederation of Professional Associations.
All interested candidates are encouraged to apply, regardless of their personal background. Research activities will be evaluated in relation to actual research time. Thus, we encourage applicants to specify periods of leave without research activities, in order to be able to subtract these periods from the span of the scientific career during the evaluation of scientific productivity.
Aarhus University offers Relocation service to International researchers. You can read more about it here.
All applications must be made online and received by: 01.11.2018
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder