Professor in Structural Integrity in Wind Energy
We need a professor in structural integrity to strengthen research in reliability, prediction of design loads, long-term dynamic behaviour and safety assessment of wind energy structures.
DTU Wind Energy invites applications for a position as professor in Structural Integrity with applications in wind energy. The position focuses on load-carrying structures and components for onshore and offshore wind turbines, including floating wind turbines.
We need a professor in structural integrity to strengthen research in reliability, prediction of design loads, long-term dynamic behaviour and safety assessment of wind energy structures. Your research area aims at developing more cost-efficient turbines and support structures. It will be an important part of the cross-sectional research within the Division of Materials and Components in the Department of Wind Energy.
You can investigate the following topics:
- Structural design of wind turbine structures and components as well as support structures
- Accurate determination and assessment of long-term design loads of wind turbine structures and components
- Probabilistic methods towards the reliable integrated design of wind turbine structures
- Assessment of the remaining life of wind energy structures and mechanical components within wind power plants under diverse requirements.
- Innovative structural solutions for large offshore wind turbines including floating wind turbines
On the teaching side, you will supervise MSc students and PhD students as well as develop and teach advanced university courses at the MSc, and PhD levels and continuing education programmes. For international candidates, we can provide Danish language courses enabling you to teach in Danish within 2-3 years.
You have a technical/scientific education at PhD-level with international recognition within the research field. You are able to combine a high research level and publication activity, with promotion of external cooperation and exploitation of research results in interaction with industry. Furthermore, you can document your ability to attract research funding from national and international research programs.
Furthermore, you are able to:
- Supervise and teach at high quality with proven track record at all university levels
- Lead research groups and large research projects
- Promote collaboration and teamwork across research fields
- Manage talent development based on dialogue and feedback
- Show documented innovation activities, including commercialization and collaboration with industry
- Communicate at a skilled level
Societal impact of the research developed is also to be considered
You are able to attract national and international funding, lead large scale international research projects and publish and disseminate research at a high international level. You are keen to further develop the collaboration with national and international research institutes and industries through collaborative projects and scientific advice to the Wind Energy industry.
We are a world-leading wind energy institute that puts knowledge to work through cutting-edge research, innovation and development of technology. We actively augment career paths through meticulous talent management and we culture internal collaboration between scientists and scientific disciplines.
The research field shares scientific methodologies with other sections and divisions in the department as well as with other departments across DTU. You will therefore be encouraged to sustain and develop collaboration with other groups at DTU in research, education and innovation.
You will get a rewarding and challenging job in an international environment, collaborating and networking with research colleagues from all over the world. A position with academic freedom, tempered by responsibility, in world-leading wind energy institute with recognised academic excellence
Salary and terms of employment
The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations. The allowance will be agreed upon with the relevant union.
You can read more about DTU Wind Energy at http://www.vindenergi.dtu.dk/
Please submit your online application no later than 15 October 2021 (Danish time).
Applications must be submitted as one PDF file containing all materials to be given consideration. To apply, please open the link "Ansøg", fill out the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one PDF file. The file must include:
- Application (cover letter) addressed to the President
- A vision for future research
- Teaching and research statement
- Documentation of previous teaching and research
- List of publications indicating scientific highlights
- H-index, and ORCID (see e.g. http://orcid.org/)
- Diploma (MSc/PhD)
Applications and enclosures received after the deadline will not be considered.
All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, disability, race, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.