Professor in Building Technology and Design
As a professor, you will promote and develop new solutions on building systems and components to the benefit of the industry and society. You are expected to take advantage of our excellent experimental facilities and integrated interoperable digital twins.
The Section for Design and Processes covers design of new facilities as well as retrofitting of existing facilities in the built environment based on research within building design in Denmark and in the Arctic, architectural engineering, fire safety, process modelling, and interoperable building information modelling. We have a holistic cross-disciplinary focus and always strive to include partners in our re-search activities to develop technical solutions that can enable the green transition of the built environment.
Design of buildings and infrastructure requires the ability to combine research in processes, innovative solutions and a holistic approach integrating e.g. technical issues, production, safety, aesthetic, sustainability, and economical aspects into useful solutions. As a professor, you will promote and develop new solutions on building systems and components to the benefit of the industry and society. You are expected to take advantage of our excellent experimental facilities and integrated interoperable digital twins.
Responsibilities and tasks
As a professor in Building Technology and Design, you are expected to play a leading role in the further academic development of our activities and will contribute to education and research of at least one of the following areas:
- Design of technical solutions and systems for new buildings and retrofitting of existing facilities of the built environment focusing on building envelopes
- Civil engineering concepts for sustainable buildings and building components
- Holistic building design with respect to multiple functional, technical and safety requirements
- Digitally supported construction methods for high performance building components
- Interoperable digital twins of cities, buildings, and facilities
You are expected to take the lead in teaching at BSc, MSc, and PhD levels. For international candidates, DTU provides Danish language courses enabling you to teach in Danish within 2-3 years.
Other primary tasks involve:
- take a lead role in fundraising
- Interdisciplinary collaborative research and innovation projects at national and international level in collaboration with industry partners
- Dissemination of research results through scientific publications and towards the industry
- Administrative duties including academic assessment work on all levels
You are expected to operate within an interdisciplinary research team and actively collaborate with companies in the construction industry as well as other research groups at DTU.
You have a strong, proven track record in research, and education on a high international level and preferable also experience from the construction industry. You are familiar with the complexity of the construction industry and stakeholder positions.
You are enthusiastic about teaching and interaction with students, and you have a successful experience in teaching and student supervision in one or more of the disciplines covered by the Section. Furthermore, you
- Have a strong profile in research documented through original publications and citations in international scientific journals and conference proceedings
- Have a demonstrated track record in research funding
- Have a strong international network
- Are creative, innovative, driven by scientific curiosity, and eager to collaborate with students, colleagues, and external partners
- Have good communication skills in English and preferably also in Danish or another Scandinavian language, both written and spoken
You are an experienced research group and project manager, and you believe in dialogue and feedback as the basis for sound decision-making.
Please submit your online application no later than 11 june 2021 (Danish time).
To view the full announcement and to apply use the apply-button.