At FOSS, we are driven by a strong sense of purpose, and we hope you are too. A fast-growing world population means that the global food production will have to increase by 60% by 2050 to meet demand. We want to come up with smarter ways to make the best use of agricultural resources, and to help eliminate food waste
If you want to help improve the quality of food globally, if you are excited about planning a high mix/low volume production of very complex instruments while working with accountable colleagues with a systematic mindset, here is a chance to join a winning team where everybody puts personal responsibility into always delivering the result
Production Planner for our main plant, based in Hillerød, Denmark
All products sold to FOSS customers come from this plant and your effort will have direct impact on making our customers happy. We have a great delivery performance but together with the current Material Support team, your effort can make this even better.
You will report to the People Manager for Material Support composed of 4 employees – production planners and operational purchasers. The employees in the plant produce the high-tech instruments, spare parts, and preventive maintenance kits and instruments that are all part of the Analytical Solutions we sell to business customers. The plant is organized in 4 production lines – one being mainly warehouse, and each is headed by a production manager that will be your daily companion – especially during shop floor time where you participate in board meeting and have dedicated time in the production to secure the realism of the plan and adapt to and tackle any changes that may occur.
The Value Stream covers processes from goods receipt over assembly and test and all the way to goods shipped including planning and purchase – everything controlled in our ERP system (SAP). We operate a LEAN setup and run daily business while continuously improving the way we work. The system is pulled with Kanban so the planner surveys exceptions and contains problems.
As production planner, you make the production plan for your lines in close coordination with the production managers and based on the forecast coming from the Sales & Operations Planning process. Daily, you confirm deliveries to the Global Order Logistics department, and coordinate changes if necessary. In cooperation with the operation purchasers in the Material Support team, you ensure that parts are available when needed The high mix, low volume nature of the production combined with a relatively long product life cycle offers exciting complexity, diversity and many interesting challenges for the planners.
Your daily challenges
The planner needs to have the overview of the plan and the execution of the plan together with the production management team. Since we export most instruments worldwide and have 25 Sales and Service Subsidiaries globally, we handle customer orders for many spares and preventive maintenance kits every day, and it is very important that we meet our on time delivery targets to support our colleagues in global service as well as our global sales personnel to live up to the expectations from our customers globally. Here, the planners are one of the main keys to our success by keeping the overview of the situation and making decisions both long term and on an hourly basis.
In short, you
- Keep focus on the customers across all your tasks
- Follow up in SAP on customer orders with confirmation of delivery date and release of production orders.
- Attend board meetings in the production groups ensure focus on the weekly tact and customer availability on spare parts
- Support to production shopfloor if issues occurs. Cooperation with the team that introduces new products to the plant.
- Play an important role in the cross functional activity of engineering change management.
- Help improve lead time and inventory turnover days together with the team
- Strive to optimize your processes and work flows together with the entire Production management team
What you bring to the table
- We are looking for a candidate with a proven track record on production planning, and who holds a BSc in e.g. manufacturing engineering or similar.
- To be successful in this role, we expect you to have experience with ERP systems - preferably SAP.
- A good insight in planning with multilevel Bill of Materials will be considered an advantage.
- The candidate we are looking for is accountable and never rationalizes poor performance.
- You avoid overplanning – when a plan is in place – you execute. You help other members on the team win – both in the staff and in the production teams.
- You reflect on feedback and you continuously try to improve.
Only applicants who speak a Nordic language will be considered for the role. Since business language is English, fluency in English is also a must.
Ready to join us?
You will get a challenging job in an international, innovative and highly successful organization. You will work with the most advanced technologies, together with highly skilled and ambitious colleagues in strong teams and cross-functional projects. You can expect to enter a great working place where you can bring your ideas to the table and make a real difference.
Send your application by using the link below. Note that we only receive applications via the link. We hold regular interviews, so we recommend that you apply as soon as possible.
For further information regarding the job, please do not hesitate to contact People Manager Kate Petersen at KPT@foss.dk or on +45 60216978.
All applications for vacant positions will be welcomed and will be considered on the relative merits of the applicant against the role profile for the position regardless of nationality, ethnicity, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, parental responsibilities, age, religion, or belief.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.