Over the past 10 years, 3Shape has successfully launched several revolutionary optical 3D scanner products, serving the audiological and dental restoration industries. 3Shape Dental Lab scanners enable efficient digital workflows by scanning dental impressions and gypsum models, to facilitate CAD design of dental restorations. The TRIOS scanners enable high-definition, digital workflows directly in the dental clinic, and are disrupting the traditional dental workflows by eliminating the need for physical impressions of patient teeth.
To support further growth in our TRIOS scanners, we are establishing a Product Lifecycle Engineering team to work on improving production efficiency and cost, product quality and maintenance as well as design for manufacture.
The Product Lifecycle team will be nested in R&D but also have employees at our production site in Szczecin, Poland. This position is located at our headquarter in Copenhagen.
We seek a skilled mechanical Engineer to work in the interface between R&D and Production.
You will analyze production and quality issues to identify root causes, work with R&D, Production, Supply Chain and/or suppliers to find a solution and take responsibility to implement improvements. This involves working with our CAD, ERP & Change-control systems to ensure successful implementation
You will further work with developing production tools and contribute to new product introduction and design for manufacture. Your work will vary between improvement tasks you have identified yourself and solving urgent issues and hence requires a flexibility towards changes and an ability to maintain attention to detail and quality under tight deadlines.
The ideal candidate is a hands-on, implementer who enjoys working in a cross functional team and further has some years of experience within production of electro mechanical devices.
The work will take you travelling for 10-20 days/year.
The successful candidate should possess solid technical competence, supported with:
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in mechanics engineering
- At least 5 years of experience with production and/or product development, possibly from a PTA department
- Proficient in 3D CAD tools (we use SolidWorks & PDM/Enterprise) and ERP systems (we use AX)
- Experience with design for manufacture and working with suppliers
- Ability to create and maintain cross-functional working relationships.
- Preferably experience with Medical Devices
- Familiarity with electro-mechanics, electronics, optics and/or software
- Familiarity with production technologies as injection molding, milling, CAM, robotics or 3D printing
- A professional challenge in a highly dynamic globally oriented business environment
- The chance to influence the future of digital dentistry and the future of a rapidly expanding company
- An opportunity to become part of a successful, enthusiastic, international development team in an informal workplace
- To be able to work on medical applications and help improve peoples’ lives
- Headquarters with nice office and lab spaces in central Copenhagen
- Competitive employment terms and benefits, good work-life balance, and influence on own tasks
Please apply already today by clicking on "Ansøg" and uploading your resume and motivational cover letter.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder