Product Manager for Retrofit & Upgrade department
Do you want to take the lead in developing/maturing new retrofit solutions for our MAN two-stroke & four-stroke small bore engines in service?
Do you have good technical understanding combined with a commercial mindset to deliver top selling products? If so, please apply for the position as our new Product Manager!
What am I going to do?
To secure our future growth according to a clear strategy and strong customer focus we are looking for two Product Managers that has good technical understanding and commercial awareness. MAN Energy Solutions’s retrofit concept consists of a broad range of solutions, all with the purpose of bringing existing engines in operation up to the current standards. This means working on providing solutions for lowering running costs such as fuel, lubrication oil, TBO extensions. Cyber secure and automation solutions and in the near future remote update services of our engines Engine Control System. For more info please see our current Retrofit & Upgrade product portfolio - link.
As Product Manager you will be responsible for all commercial and technical aspects of preparing, maturing and maintaining Retrofit products. This amongst other responsibilities which are listed below:
- Main lead on maturing/development of new Retrofit products with support from our R&D/Engineering organization. That includes:
- Evaluation of product ideas and choosing the products with highest market potential
- Ensuring that commercial and technical documentation is created and maintained
- Ensuring that products are launched according to schedule
- Launching products together with our sales department to the market through our world-wide PrimeServ Internal Group Companies organization.
- Product Lifecycle Management including forecasting, product optimization etc.
- Product Responsibility for in-market products
- Support of our Sales and Project Execution departments
- Close corporation with our R&D departments
- Interface between Sales and Engineering
Who am I?
You have previous experience as a product manager or you have good project management experience with a commercial mindset and would like to take the lead on taking new products to market. You are used to and thrive in a busy working environment where you have a lot on your plate.
You will come with a bachelor; master or equivalent in a relevant field e.g. Engineering, Science or similar. Your project management skills are on an high level and you are used to communicating with both internal and external stakeholders with your excellent English skills in both speaking and writing.
We imagine that you:
- Possess strong drive, are self-driven with a proactive initiative-taking approach
- Preferably hold a project management certification e.g. Prince2, PMI, IPMA or equivalent
- Experience with product management of technical projects/products, preferably from an international company is a clear advantage
- Excel the project management toolbox and can navigate in a complex organization
- Experience with going to market with new products is a clear advantage
- Strong commercial awareness and good technical understanding
- Experience within the marine industry or with engine technologies is an advantage
How is my new team/area of business?
You will be part of the Product Development & Execution department in Retrofit & Upgrade. The product managers are maturing/developing new retrofit & upgrade solutions. The project managers are executing all the orders we receive from our standard Retrofit & Upgrade product portfolio. We are a diverse team of skilled and dedicated people, focusing on product management and project management. Your future colleagues are situated in Holeby, Frederikshavn and Copenhagen. We have a professional approach to our work, while having a humorous, casual and positive environment in the team.
Who are MAN Energy Solutions?
With headquarter in Germany, MAN Energy Solutions employs around 15.000 people worldwide. Of these, we are approx. 2.200 passionate employees in Denmark in three locations: Copenhagen, Frederikshavn and Holeby. With more than 250 years of experience in advanced engineering, we deliver a unique portfolio of technologies and opportunities in the development of engines for use on ships and in power plants across the globe. MAN Energy Solutions works on the motto "Future in The Making", because we makes a virtue out of creating sustainable solutions and contributes to a carbon neutral economy.
What can you offer me?
MAN Energy Solutions offers a competitive salary package and pension scheme. In addition, we have a number of other employee benefits, which among other things includes:
- Critical illness insurance, access to physiotherapy etc.
- Massage scheme
- Wealth of employee clubs and associations covering everything from sports to art
- Discount clubs
- Great flexibility
- Free parking
How do I apply?
If you think the job sounds interesting, we would love to hear from you! Apply for the job through our homepage by clicking on “Apply for position” and attach CV, application letter and other relevant documents. The application deadline is Sunday 8 August 2021. We’ll conduct interviews during the application period. If you have any questions, you’re welcome to contact the hiring manager, Head of Product Development & Execution, Mikkel Thamsborg by phone on +45 2945 3786. More information about the company can be found at www.man-es.com.