Product manager for retrofit (engine optimisation projects)
MAN Energy Solutions looks for a Product Manager for engine optimisation projects in our Retrofit Product Management department.
MAN |PrimeServ is a strong after sales and service business with an informal atmosphere where focus is on customers and performance. As part of MAN |PrimeServ team, MAN Energy Solutions, you will be servicing international customers mainly within the marine industry. The After Sales organization is supported by more than 100 service hubs worldwide and we want to be the preferred Service Partner and build up long-term relations with our customers.
To secure our future growth according to a clear strategy and strong customer focus we look for a Product Manager with experience within the engine industry, such as marine, automotive or other related industries. The new Product Manager will be part of the Product Management team in our Retrofit department and reporting to the Head of Product Management.
MAN Energy Solution’s retrofit concept consists of a broad range of solutions that aim to bring existing engines in operation up to current standards. This means working on providing solutions for lowering running costs and meeting modern emission legislations, which all have high priority to our customers.
As a Product Manager, your main task will be to define the technical scope for our engine optimisation projects, like de-rating/part load optimisation projects, IMO Tier level conversions and other off-standard projects. You will work in close cooperation with R&D/Engineering to define the scope and with the retrofit sales team.
- Technically responsible for engine optimisation projects prior to order, including:
- Scoping & Pricing
- Defining installation requirements
-Test and commissioning requirement
- Timeline generation
- Responsibility matrix
- Support our Retrofit Sales team prior to order and the Project Execution department after order
- Responsible for our Engineering Services offerings
- Responsible for SOx scrubber retrofit Engineering Services
- Responsible for off-standard projects like IMO Tier level conversions etc.
- Close cooperation with our R&D and Engineering departments
- Interface between Sales and Engineering
- Travel days: 10-30 pa., depending on projects
Profile / Qualifications:
You are proactive with a structured and quality-oriented approach to your assignments. You have the drive to create results and meet deadlines, you are able to keep focus on the process. You see the benefits of being part of a team, and have the expertise to interact at all levels in a dynamic organization.
You understand what it is like to manage projects and processes, and you have the ability to take the lead on these. Key profile/qualifications are listed below:
- Export Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Marine Engineer or similar is a requirement
- Experience with scoping of technical projects is a must
- If you have experience with Diesel Engines and/or knowledge about engine layout/performance and emission legislation it is a clear advantage
- You have a good commercial awareness and a sales-minded attitude
- You are structured and result oriented with focus on quality in your daily work
- You thrive in a busy working environment and know how to handle projects with many stakeholders
- You must have excellent English language skills both in speaking and writing
Are you ready to enter an organization with an ambitious strategy?
We offer you
- A versatile, creative and challenging job in a global company on the leading edge of marine technology
- An open and inspiring working environment comprising both professional and personal development opportunities
- An attractive salary package with pension scheme, flexible working hours and working place above the normal standard
- Workplace at Teglholmen, Copenhagen.
For further information about the position, please contact Manager Mikkel Thamsborg by e-mail: Mikkel.Thamsborg@man-es.com
Please apply for the job by clicking "Send application", no later than 31 January 2019. Applications send by other channels will not be processed.
We look forward to hearing more from and about you. Please be aware that we will be conducting interviews within the application period.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.