Do you want to be part of decarbonizing MAN two-stroke & four-stroke small-bore engines? Do you have an excellent technical understanding combined with a commercial mindset to deliver outstanding solutions to our customers? If so, please apply for the position of our new Product Manager!
What am I going to do?
To secure our future growth according to a clear strategy and strong customer focus we are looking for two Product Managers who have good technical understanding and commercial awareness. MAN Energy Solutions’ retrofit concept consists of a broad range of solutions, all to bring existing engines in operation up to the current engine standards.
Currently, we are focused on offering solutions to achieve the goals set out in the International Maritime Organizations Green House Gas strategy. These are technical solutions that reduce the carbon intensity of our engines. Furthermore, we are experiencing an increasing interest in retrofit solutions for our engine control systems, which is the focus for this particular position.
As a Product Manager, you will be responsible for several products. Your role will be maintaining and managing these in the total life cycle. You will take on the role of being the central point of contact for our other departments - for instance, sales and order execution, where you will provide world-class product management for us to succeed with our goals.
Furthermore, you will take responsibility for new product projects, where you, in close collaboration with our entire organization, will mature new products and solutions and make them ready for the market.
This and other responsibilities are listed below:
- Full product management responsibility for your portfolio of retrofit products and solutions
- Lead and drive product maturing and development projects, and be the leading force in bringing new retrofit solutions to market
- Support our Retrofit Sales department before the order as well as the Product Execution department after the order
- Responsible for the creation and maintenance of the commercial and technical documentation
- Ensuring close corporation with our R&D and Engineering departments
- Being the interface between Sales and Engineering
- Taking on a role as our department’s subject matter expert for all engine control system products
Travelling may occur in the position.
Who am I?
You have experience working with industrial or marine automation systems, and now wish to take a role where you are to get new products to market. You are used to and thrive in a busy working environment.
You come with a bachelor's, a master's - or an equivalent degree in a relevant field - e.g. marine engineering, mechanical engineering, or automation engineering. Your technical knowledge is at a high level. You are used to communicating with internal and external stakeholders with excellent English skills in speaking and writing.
We imagine that you:
- Have experience with industrial and/or marine automation such as PLC, SCADA or even advanced engine control systems
- It is an advantage if you have experience with diesel engines and/or knowledge about engine performance and control.
- Have experience in working with technical projects, or even product management experience
- You have a good commercial awareness and a sales-minded attitude
- You are structured and result oriented with focus on quality in your daily work
- You thrive in a busy working environment and know how to handle projects with many stakeholders
How is my new team/area of business?
You will be part of the Product Management department in Retrofit & Upgrade. The product managers are maturing and developing new retrofit & upgrade solutions. We are a diverse team of skilled and dedicated people, focusing on product management. Your future colleagues are situated in Holeby, Frederikshavn and Copenhagen. We have a professional approach to our work, while having a humorous, casual and positive environment in the team. You will be working at our premises in Copenhagen.
Who are MAN Energy Solutions?
With headquarter in Germany, MAN Energy Solutions employs around 15.000 people worldwide. Of these, we are approx. 2.200 passionate employees in Denmark in three locations: Copenhagen, Frederikshavn and Holeby. With more than 250 years of experience in advanced engineering, we deliver a unique portfolio of technologies and opportunities in the development of engines for use on ships and in power plants across the globe. MAN Energy Solutions works on the motto "Future in The Making", because we makes a virtue out of creating sustainable solutions and contributes to a carbon neutral economy.
What can you offer me?
MAN Energy Solutions offers a competitive salary package and pension scheme. In addition, we have a number of other employee benefits, which among other things includes:
- Critical illness insurance, access to physiotherapy etc.
- Massage scheme
- Wealth of employee clubs and associations covering everything from sports to art
- Discount clubs
- Great flexibility
- Free parking
How do I apply?
If you think the job sounds interesting, we would love to hear from you! Apply for the job through our homepage by clicking on “Apply” and attach CV, application letter and other relevant documents. The application deadline is 5th of February 2023. We’ll conduct interviews during the application period. If you have any questions, you’re welcome to contact the hiring manager, Head of Product Management, Christoffer Dixen by phone on +45 2014 8329. More information about the company can be found at www.man-es.com.
MAN Energy Solutions encourage all qualified candidates regardless of gender, age, religion, disability and ethnic background to apply for this position.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder