Product Manager for Marine Decarbonization Solutions. Do you want to play a key role in achieving MAN Energy Solutions’ ambitious decarbonization targets? And do you have what it takes to develop engine solutions with dedicated colleagues? Then keep on reading!
MAN Energy Solutions is in a unique position to make a significant impact on the future of global shipping. The ship-owners are ready to jump to CO2 neutral technologies, and we need your help develop the technical solutions required.
Our contribution is retrofit dual fuel ship engine conversions for our clients, who are increasingly looking to convert their fleet’s propulsion engines to operate on more environmentally friendly fuels such as LNG, Ethane, LPG, Methanol, biofuels, or Ammonia.
You’ll will play an important role:
As Product Manager, you will be a key technical specialist within our Sales & Tender team, responsible for development of solutions for retrofit dual fuel engine conversions, made for our key global customers in the maritime sector.
You will be part of our Product Development team with five colleagues located in Copenhagen. Your day-to-day tasks include sales support, participation in client negotiations, development of technical solutions for engine conversions, specifying the solutions via descriptions and scope lists, and coordination with the engineering departments who support our department in developing the solutions.
You will be handling a variety of tasks such as:
- Coordinate the development of project specific solutions for large and complex projects, including design according to project specific requirements
- Sales support, making specifications, scope lists and describing interfaces and division of works
- Coordination with internal stakeholders, especially in the supporting engineering departments
- Understand the clients' technical needs and economical drivers, enabling support and sparring to the sales managers including assistance during client meetings and negotiations
You will be working from our Danish head office just by Copenhagen’s harbor front at Teglholmsgade 41.
We imagine that you:
We are looking for a Product Manager with in-depth knowledge of marine engines. You probably have a degree as Marine Engineer or Mechanical Engineer. Experience with marine engines is a prerequisite. You work in a structured manner with focus on detail, and are still able to maintain the overview of your project.
You should have some experience in communicating with customers, as you will participate in client meetings describing our technical solution to the customer.
Furthermore, we imagine you have:
- strong technical knowledge from working with propulsion engines
- good collaboration and communication skills
- is structured, result-oriented and able to comply with quality standards
- fluent in English both in speech and writing
Welcome to Product Development team
You will be part of our growing Product Development team as part of Retrofit & Upgrade, located in Copenhagen. The team is responsible for supporting sales and project execution for dual fuel engine conversion during the sales phase from finding the technical concept through client negotiations to contract signature.
You will be reporting to the Department Manager in Tendering & Project Development. The department currently counts approx. 10 colleagues, in an area having undergone significant growth during the last 5 years, which is expected to continue and accelerate with the growing focus on global decarbonizing.
Join us towards a carbon-neutral future
We offer you a chance to help shape the world of tomorrow – whether you’re just starting out, taking your first career step after graduation or looking for the next big career challenge.
At MAN Energy Solutions, we focus on diversity and equality to create a creative and inclusive culture. We believe that a diverse workforce, with a mix of gender, nationalities, and perspectives, drives innovation, creativity, and productivity. We are committed to our employees’ well-being, and you will have the opportunity to join different social activities clubs from yoga and fishing clubs to creative clubs.
We prioritize work life balance with possibilities for flexible working hours, home office, and mental well-being for example health insurance and focus on work atmosphere. Here you have opportunities for growth, development and mentorship.
At MAN Energy Solutions you can create, drive, build, and be a part of improving innovative energy solutions while achieving your personal career goals.
About MAN Energy Solutions
- 250 years of experience in advanced engineering
- We deliver a unique portfolio of technologies and opportunities in the development of engines for use on ships and in power plants across the globe.
- We work on the motto "Future in The Making", because we make a virtue out of creating sustainable solutions and contribute to a carbon neutral economy.
- We have over 15,000 employees worldwide. In Denmark, we are 2,200 passionate employees with more than 40 nationalities.
Build your own future:
Send your application to us no later than Friday the 30rd of June 2023. We will conduct interviews during the application period. If you have any questions, you are welcome to contact Department Manager, Anders Bo Laugen by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on +45 24 66 82 77. More information about the company can be found at www.man-es.com
We encourages all qualified candidates regardless of gender, age, religion, disability and ethnic background to apply for this position.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.