MAN Energy Solutions is looking for a Product Manager for gas conversion projects in our exciting Retrofit Product Management department
MAN |PrimeServ is a strong after sales and service business with an informal atmosphere where focus is on customers and performance. Being part of MAN |PrimeServ team, MAN Energy Solutions, you will be servicing international customers mainly within the marine industry. The After Sales organization is supported by more than 100 service hubs worldwide and we want to be the preferred Service Partner of the customers and build up long-term relations with our customers.
To secure our future growth according to a clear strategy and strong customer focus we are looking for a Product Manager with experience within the engine industry, such as marine, automotive or other related industries. As the new Product Manager, you will be part of the Product Management team in our Retrofit department and you will be referring to the Head of Product Management.
MAN Energy Solutions’s retrofit concept consists of a broad range of solutions, all with the purpose of bringing existing engines in operation up to the current standards. This means working on providing solutions for lowering running costs and meeting modern emission legislations, all areas that have high priority to our customers.
As Product Manager your main task will be to define the technical scope for retrofit GI/LGI gas conversion projects and Tier III related projects. You will work in close cooperation with R&D/Engineering defining the scope and with the retrofit project sales team. This amongst other responsibilities which are listed below.
- Technical responsible for GI/LGI gas conversions projects prior to order, including:
- Timeline generation
- Defining installation requirements
- Test and commissioning requirements
- Responsibility matrix
- Coordination with ship owner, yard, Fuel Gas Supply System maker etc.
- Technical scoping of Tier III conversions
- Responsible for introducing EcoEGR as retrofit to the market.
- Product Responsibility for above mentioned products
- Support of our Sales prior to order and the Project Execution department after order
- Close corporation with our R&D departments
- Interface between Sales and Engineering
Profile / Qualifications
You are proactive with a structured and quality-oriented approach to your assignments. You have the drive to create results and meet deadlines and as well as being able to keep focus on the process. You see the benefits of being part of a team, and have the approach and ability to interact at all levels in a dynamic organization.
You understand what it is like to manage projects and processes, and you have the ability to take the lead on these.
- Mechanical Engineer, Naval architect Engineer, Marine Engineer or similar is a requirement
- Experience with product management and/or technical projects/products, preferably from an international company are required combined with engineering development expertise.
- Experience with technical scoping of large projects.
- Experience or knowledge about engines is an advantage
- You have strong commercial awareness and a sales-minded attitude
- You are structured and result oriented with focus on quality in your daily work
- You thrive in a busy working environment and support knowledge sharing as a key to success
- You must have excellent English language skills both speaking and writing
Are you ready to enter an organization with an ambitious strategy?
You will experience exciting challenges and international career opportunities in an innovative, global company at the leading edge of two stroke marine technology. Our working environment is open and inspiring with good supportive colleagues in a company with a proud history and a bright future. At MAN Energy Solutions we provide great potentials for personal and professional development.
For further information about the position, please contact
Manager Mikkel Thamsborg: E-mail: Mikkel.Thamsborg@man-es.com
Please apply for the job by clicking "Ansøg", no later than 30 November 2018.
We look forward to hearing more from and about you. Please be aware that we will be having interviews within the applying period.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.