Product development senior specialist, onehealth, Lyngby
Do you want to rethink your impact, and are you passionate about Human Health? Then you might be our new Product Development Senior Specialist.
What if you could work for a cause, not just a company?
Novozymes is the global market leader in biological solutions. We help build better lives. Together with our customers, partners and the global community, we use our innovative thinking and passion for science to boost industries and make everyday products more sustainable for the good of the planet. As the world’s leading provider of industrial enzymes and microorganisms, our bio-innovation enables higher agricultural yields, low-temperature washing, energy-efficient production, renewable fuel and many, many other biological solutions that the world can benefit from today and in the future. We call it Rethink Tomorrow.
Join us as our new Product Development Senior Specialist
Do you want to work in an environment in which creativity and challenging the status quo is as valued as scientific excellence? If so, you could be our new colleague in Novozymes OneHealth, an ambitious and entrepreneurial team of scientists, business developers and marketeers, headquartered in Denmark, with teams across the globe. Novozymes OneHealth an established global pioneer in discovery, development and commercialization of proprietary products for human health.
Utilizing an impressive portfolio of probiotic strains and enzymes, you’ll have responsibility for formulating new and improved probiotic/enzyme products for the fast-evolving human health care industry. Alongside an in-depth understanding of the scientific principles of oral solid dosage formulation, you also possess outstanding stakeholder management skills and strong commercial awareness.
In your daily work, you’ll use all these talents to pioneer research and transform it into business value for our customers. Reporting to the NPD Manager, the successful candidate will play a key role in designing and developing new products, as well as existing product improvements.
Welcome to OneHealth
At Novozymes OneHealth we are on a quest to help people live healthier and better lives, by rethinking tomorrow within human health, and finding the one-in-a-trillion verifiable solutions of probiotics and enzymes that can be proven to solve profound health challenges related to modern lifestyles. We have started rethinking tomorrow within human health; thinking outside the box, working in new ways, building different partnerships, pioneering data and digital, discovering ground-breaking science and much more – do you want to join us? OneHealth is a Strategic Opportunity Area within Novozymes working as a corporate venture with a start-up mindset. We are a high-energy team with diverse backgrounds on a mission to develop solutions within gut and oral health aimed at the consumer care space. We focus on probiotic- and enzyme-based solutions and drive development based on strong scientific hypotheses and identified consumer demand.
In this role you’ll make an impact by:
- Support creation of new internal capabilities and lead the set-up and running of lab- and pilot-scale formulation and formatting processes in a new facility (including development of SOPs, training, ensuring compliance to GMP and Dietary Supplement legislation).
- Drive the continuous improvement of processes both within the Development team as well as the overall company, through new/improved documentation and ways of working.
- Lead the formulation and formatting design and development activities in projects from input at concept stage through development, upscaling and final commercialization of new dietary supplement products (oral solid dosage formats – capsules, tablets, powders).
- Independently design and lead robust experiments and trials to support product development. Present findings to Operations and relevant technical groups as needed.
- Effectively troubleshoot and solve complex formulation, format and technical challenges.
- Prepare stability, consumer and clinical samples, review and approve stability protocols and effectively work with Quality to monitor, evaluate, summarise and interpret results.
- Provide product development, probiotic and enzyme leadership to commercial and other cross-functional disciplines to accomplish successful and timely launches of products.
- Source and prepare technical documentation in accordance with current procedures and systems.
- Effectively communicate and lead in a cross-functional team environment, serving as a recognised technical expert in solving complex formulation/process issues.
- Build and maintain excellent working knowledge of new ingredients and formats and industry standards.
To succeed you must hold:
- Master or PhD in Biotechnology, Microbiology, Biomedical engineering, Pharmaceutical Sciences or equivalent scientific field.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in formulation development and finished product formatting probiotic/enzyme dietary supplements.
- Minimum 3 years pilot lab experience, producing lab and pilot scale formulation and oral solid dose format products.
- Excellent project management, stakeholder management and communication skills are essential.
- Be results-oriented and able to effectively generate, analyze and interpret data to drive research direction and meet project goals.
- Ability to work in a global cross-functional team environment.
- Demonstrate strong ability of independent decision-making skills.
- Thrive in the complexity of joining a new OneHealth organization with a venture entrepreneurial mindset where systems and processes are not yet fully established with ambitions to deliver new products to the marketplace efficiently.
This job will be located at Lyngby, Denmark.
Are you passionate about making a sustainable impact, and do you see yourself in this position? Then unlock your passion and apply today!
Application deadline: July 1st, 2022.
Contact details: Head of Product Development, Alison Winger at ALWI@novozymes.com.
Novozymes is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability or veteran status.
Not the right fit for you?
If this job for some reason is not the right fit for you, perhaps you know someone who might find it interesting? If so, please feel free to share the job link and encourage him or her to apply. Thank you for your referral. Please check out our other open positions. Maybe the right fit for you is just a few clicks away.
Want to learn more?
Did you know, that Novozymes was ranked #7 in Science magazine’s global Top Employers Survey 2019?
At Novozymes, we invite you to join us in finding biological solutions to the world’s problems. Being a pioneering company, we seek people, who are eager to try new things, motivated by challenge and not afraid to fail but driven to try again. And again. Original thinking happens when we’re given the flexibility to focus and the freedom to fully unfold our individual strengths. This is key to our innovation power and how we have become one of the top patent holders in the biotech industry. Learn more about Novozymes, our purpose, and your career opportunities at novozymes.com.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.