At the VELUX Group, we give you the chance to grow. To shape your own career. To work in an international environment. To be part of a company that leads the market in sustainable indoor living. We offer you a world of opportunities – if you have the ability and the drive to take them.
Discover more at velux.com/career or velux.dk/karriere
Do innovative products fascinate you? And would you like to join a team that develop the new generation of best-in-class roof windows within one of the strongest brands in the global building materials sector?
We are looking for an ingenious “head” with a high drive who would thrive as a key part of our innovative team. If that someone is you, then this job may be your next exciting career move.
We are looking for you to take up the opportunity of working with idea and concept development including visualisation of physical or digital solutions. You will be part of a dedicated team of 10-14 colleagues responsible for developing our core windows.
Here, you will participate in value-stream project teams focusing on product construction in close collaboration with our market and supply organisations. Also, you will be a vital part in the collaboration between internal production, market, external suppliers, institutes etc. All in all, your main tasks include:
- Idea and concept development, including the visualisation of physical or digital solutions in 3D CAD
- Doing robust design methodology, ensuring design and construction probability and predictability
- Simulation on relevant designs and features to qualify solutions
- Internal prototype testing and development tests including test requisitions, developing new test methods if required in collaboration with the test department
- Creating documentation for Design and Manufacturing specification in PLM
- Making and maintaining E-BOMs in PLM throughout the project
- Creating the technical basis for decisions for gate meetings
Part of your job will be to participate in Stage Gate projects with the responsibility for deliverables to Gate discussions, to present technical issues at review meetings and to participate in relevant seminars and fairs – nationally as well as internationally. Therefore, a certain amount of travelling must be expected – approx. 10-20 days per year.
On a personal level, you are truly motivated by constructive challenges, documentation and verifications, and you have the desire to move things forward. Other people describe you as a person with an open and forthcoming manner – someone with strong collaboration skills. You see yourself as a self-driven and independent person, getting your energy from working in a knowledge intensive team based on collaboration.
Furthermore, you have an inquisitive nature with a “can do” attitude, working systematically and documenting your findings and sharing your knowledge. Moreover, we imagine that you:
- Have a technical education as bachelor of engineering or a master of engineering
- Preferably have experience from working with constructive product development, preparing specifications and production basis
- Ideally have experience with Creo or Solidworks, knowledge in robust design methodology such as Six Theta and has been working with specification in PLM Windchill
- Look forward to collaborating with many nationalities across the VELUX organization, and you have strong communication skills as well as fluency in English - both oral and in writing are ‘a must’
You will be part of a dedicated team characterised by an informal tone and a healthy sense of humour working as one team to reach our ambitious results. We believe in empowering people, and we support this through knowledge sharing, delegating responsibility and investing in people who strive to make a difference.
In the VELUX Group, we give you the chance to grow and to shape your own career, and we offer you a world of opportunities - if you have the ability and the drive to take them. Our commitment is to attract and retain the best talent. We believe that commitment and professional development contributes to great company results.
You will be joining a strong value-based company where commitment, thoroughness and mutual respect are among the core values, and where teamwork and professionalism is essential to the way we work.
Application and contact
If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact Steen Krog-Klein at +45 4046 3573 or find us online at www.velux.com.
We look forward to receiving your application and CV in Danish or English as soon as possible and no later than 11 of May 2018.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder
Tlf.: +45 4046 3573