Product Designer Intern
StepUp Solutions is building wearables based on breathing, a vital parameter that has been much forgotten but contains so much information.
For sportspeople, we can significantly improve training efficiency while minimizing the risk of injury. For healthcare, we help patients with COPD manage their disease better and prevent hospitalizations. For horse owners, we enable riders to understand their horse better to prevent injuries and deaths. We're a team of 10 international people covering a wide range of competencies.
Experienced or passionate about healthcare technologies?
As a Physical Product Designer Intern, you will be part of our Health project, working on the cutting edge of medical technology. The role involves designing, prototyping, and testing new concepts for our wearable device. You will have the opportunity to use and further develop your CAD skills and be directly involved in the 3D printing of prototypes.
- Conceptualize Design: Work closely with our team to conceptualize and create innovative design solutions for our wearable device.
- Develop 3D Models: Utilize CAD software to develop detailed 3D models of designs.
- Prototype Production: Use 3D printers to bring your digital designs to life, creating physical prototypes for testing and refinement.
- Design Iteration: Work on iterative design processes based on testing feedback, user interaction, and ergonomic considerations.
- Collaboration: Collaborate with our diverse team of engineers, designers, and healthcare professionals to ensure designs meet technical specifications and user needs.
- Currently pursuing a degree in Industrial Design, Product Design, Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- Proficiency in CAD software - Fusion 360 and/or FreeCAD.
- Experience with 3D printing technology, FDM and SLA.
- Strong visual and physical design skills.
You are a:
- Quick learner.
- Independent worker not afraid of taking initiatives.
- Curious & passionate.
- Great communicator.
- English speaker.
- Team player.
If you believe this is a challenge for you, send us your application and any relevant document (portfolio, Github,…) through TheHub. We have a strong commitment for personal development in the company though our skill development program, we guarantee you that you will learn a lot during your stay with us. For more information or questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.