At the VELUX Group, we give you the chance to grow. To shape your own career. To work in an international environment. To be part of a company that leads the market in sustainable indoor living. We offer you a world of opportunities - if you have the ability and the drive to take them. Discover more at velux.com/career or velux.dk/karriere
User needs. Business opportunities. Design. Technology. Put them together and what do you get?
As a product concept developer at the VELUX® Innovation Centre, you bring new ideas to life. Working with front-end innovation, you identify opportunities and translate user needs into new product concepts.
Joining our innovation centre, you will be part of a dedicated innovation team who is responsible for exploring new market opportunities, creating ideas for future products and maturing these, so they can be transferred into our project portfolio. You will plan and carry out front-end projects in cross-functional teams, design future concepts and facilitate idea generation and concept development.
“You will be working with our overall vision of bringing light to life. But you will also be challenging the status quo based on user insights, commercial opportunities and technology – combined with ideation and prototyping,” explains Jimmy Skjold Jensen, Team Manager, Front End Concept Development.
Your tasks will also be to:
- Coordinate and ensure timely delivery of front-end innovation projects
- Prepare presentations of ideas and innovation projects for management
- Assist in prototype modelling and development
- Ensure smooth handover of projects for execution and implementation
- Support projects with user insights and design conceptualisations
With your playful and experimental approach, you thrive in an explorative research environment where there is no set direction for projects and asking questions is a vital part of your job. You enjoy exploring new possibilities, and you know how to translate your ideas into engaging presentations or illustrative prototypes to get your point across.
Moreover, you have:
- A degree or equivalent in engineering, design or business
- 5+ years of experience with innovation and product development
- Some project management experience or strong coordination skills
- Business understanding and knowledge of the entire product life cycle value chain
- An advantage if you have experience with CAD modelling and mechanical construction
You will work alongside experienced engineers who operate on a highly professional level. Moreover, you will experience a high degree of independence in a flexible environment where innovation, quality and reliability are prioritised on equal terms with personal and professional welfare.
“Our team is characterised by a strong drive to continuously improve and deliver new innovative products. The Modular Skylights System is just one example of what’s come out of our work in the innovation centre - and there are many more ideas just waiting to be conceptualised,” finishes Jimmy Skjold Jensen.
Application and contact
If you would like to know more about this opportunity and the VELUX Group, please feel free to contact Jimmy Skjold Jensen, Team Manager, Front End Concept Development, by telephone +45 6161 3947.
We look forward to receiving your application and CV as soon as possible.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.