Process Engineering Casting - Blade Manufacturing Specialist
About the position
Here in SGRE we put great effort in developing the future offshore wind turbines and to produce the next generation offshore blades, we need a Process Engineer who has an interest in the casting process of wind turbine blades.
If you have a have a good eye for process optimization and thrives as the global point of contact for the local engineers and blue-collar workers from our plants, this position might be interesting for you.
You will be in daily contact with our production and therefore it is appreciated if you have experience working in a manufacturing environment either as engineer or craftsman.
Travel days per year - 10-25 days.
About the role:
- Develop and implement new production processes globally
- Identify process improvement areas and optimize accordingly
- Design and document "critical to-parameters" for processes within your scope of work.
- Create/maintain documentation within process ownership (work instructions/ purchase specifications/ P-FMEA’s/ special characteristics, and RA’s).
- Analyze workflow and propose improvements to management
- Ensure effective collaboration with both internal and external stakeholders; clarify issues within infusion of blades (external/internal audit, customer observations etc.)
- Share best practices across departments and plants
- Keep updated with industry standards and trends (cooperation with universities, institutes and knowledge centers)
- Define test methods for process related qualification of materials
- Have a strategic overview for process development and roadmap
- Support root cause analysis, problem solving and non-conformance handling
- Support global departments and local plants within field of expertise
- Govern production processes globally
- Engineering degree or similar technical education within relevant area. It is appreciated if you have experience as an engineer in the shop floor or as a craftsman – Boatbuilder, carpenter or similar.
- Experience in working with infusion (VARTM) of composite materials, preferably infusion of wind turbine blades
- Experience within designing and writing test documentation
- It would be appreciated if you have a general knowledge of wind turbine blade manufacturing
- Strong believer in quality and safety
- Keen eye for process optimization
- Business and customer focus
- Be cost conscious for production processes
- Outgoing but not necessarily an extrovert
- Sympathetic and compelling
- Good overview and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Flexible regarding working hours as overtime can occur
- Great communication skills
- Work independently as well as in teamwork
- Thrive in an international environment with different cultures and coworkers
- Willing to work behind a desk as well as with hands-on tasks
- Fluent in English both orally and in writing
- Reporting and analyzing skills
- Strong in MS-office
- Experience with working in a PLM system, preferably Teamcenter
In case you have acquired your skills in alternative ways your application is just as well appreciated.
Apply online in English for the job via the "Ansøg" link.
Please note that we will reply by email. We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability, as we will use the data to review your suitability for the role.
If you have specific questions about the position please contact the hiring manager Bjarke Buchbjerg via phone +45 5167 3894
For further information regarding the recruitment process, please send the recruiting team an email via firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention the Job ID in the email.
We kindly draw your attention to the fact that this email may NOT be used for sending applications or CVs for evaluation.
Deadline for application: as soon as possible
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.