Process engineer in semiconductor device fabrication at the Center for Quantum Devices and Station Q Copenhagen, Niels Bohr Institute, University of Copenhagen
The Center for Quantum Devices and Microsoft Station Q Copenhagen, a medium-size research lab at the Niels Bohr institute (University of Copenhagen), with sponsorship from Microsoft Research, is currently investigating quantum devices based on nanofabricated semiconductors and superconductors. These devices are applied to future quantum information processing technologies, to be used as qubits and approaches to topological quantum computing. We intend to hire two full time process engineers to design, develop and optimize nanofabrication of semiconductor devices for topological quantum computing. The appointment duration is two years.
About the job
As a process engineer, you will work in close collaboration with a team of physicists and engineers with a focus on fabrication & testing of electrical devices based on superconductor-semiconductor hybrid materials.
Tasks will involve developing a fabrication process plan, implementing it in the cleanroom via electron beam & UV lithography, thin film deposition, ion milling & other wet/dry steps and finally, analyzing the results with an aim to optimize.
You are expected to produce high quality processes, establish routines to check process reproducibility and explore alternate processes within tight deadlines.
The position is open from 1 December 2019 or as soon as possible thereafter.
Competences & skills
We are looking for a candidate with the following skill sets:
- Background in experimental physics, nanofabrication or device engineering.
- Extensive experience in nanofabrication of semiconductor devices including electron beam & UV lithography, wet & dry etching, thin film deposition, and a familiarity with semiconductors and superconductors.
- Team player who works well with academics and students.
- Strong communication and reporting skills to work efficiently within a team.
- Self-motivating personality, showing a high personal drive, commitment and initiative
- Responsible attitude and ability to complete tasks on time
Terms of appointment and payment
Salary, pension and terms of employment are in accordance with the provisions of the collective agreement between the Danish Government and AC (the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations). In addition to the salary a monthly contribution to a pension fund is added (17.1% of the salary). The base salary depends on seniority. A supplement can be negotiated, depending on experience and qualifications.
About QDEV/Microsoft Quantum CPH
More information about QDev and the new collaborative relationship with Microsoft Quantum initiative can be found at QDev.dk. Inquiries about the position can be made to main supervisor Charles Marcus (firstname.lastname@example.org), Shivendra Upadhyay (email@example.com)
How to apply
Your application will be submitted electronically by clicking “Ansøg”, or via this advertisement found on. Your application must include the following documents:
- Current CV
- Letter describing background experience, expertise, and interests.
- Contact information for two references (don’t send letters, just the names).
The application deadline is 14 November 2019.
The University wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.