Process Engineer in Recovery, Fuglebakken, Copenhagen
Do you want to rethink your impact, and are you passionate about enzyme production in a fast-paced environment where no two days are the same? Are you attracted to a position where cross-functional collaboration internally in the department and with other parts of Novozymes’ Supply Chain, is part of daily life? Then you might be our new Process Engineer.
What if you could work for a cause, not just a company?
Novozymes is the global market leader in biological solutions. We help build better lives. Together with our customers, partners and the global community, we use our innovative thinking and passion for science to boost industries and make everyday products more sustainable for the good of the planet. As the world’s leading provider of industrial enzymes and microorganisms, our bio-innovation enables higher agricultural yields, low-temperature washing, energy-efficient production, renewable fuel and many, many other biological solutions that the world can benefit from today and in the future. We call it Rethink Tomorrow.
Join us as our new Process Engineer in Recovery Fuglebakken, Copenhagen
In Recovery we produce a broad range of enzymes on our Recovery line from fermentation broth received daily from the fermentation department. We deliver our food-grade enzyme concentrates for further processing by Spray Drying or Standardization, so quality, yields and timeliness are of utmost importance. We seek a production engineer who is able to use scientific knowledge to solve everyday large-scale production challenges and drive optimization opportunities. We are used to a dynamic work environment where the ability to quickly shift focus from a single assignment to the overview of an entire recovery line is required daily. You will be collaborating with a broad number of professions from production staff, maintenance, R&D and sales. People skills and the ability to communicate with various professions are your keys to succeed.
Welcome to Fuglebakken, Copenhagen, part of Operations, Supply & Quality
You will be responsible for the recovery process of several of our enzyme products and you will be expected to be the main driver in systematic problem solving, optimization and day-to-day execution of the production. Our operators and technicians will look to you for guidance and your ability to gather information from experienced colleagues around you, process it and formulate a plan or a process adjustment is key, even with limited information at hand. You work as part of a team of dedicated and skilled engineers, technicians, operators and managers with high spirits and an informal office tone. We will support you and provide you with amble development opportunities and help you establish your network in the organization.
In this role you’ll make an impact by:
- Having the process responsibility including daily supervision, problem solving and optimization to meet business targets for quality, delivery, economy and regulatory requirements
- Optimization activities including identifying and driving technology projects to further improve our production processes and secure future capacity
- Take part in developing and implementing long-term strategies for the department
- Reach out to internal and external partners to support them, work with them and get inspiration to make sure we remain a centre of excellence for enzyme recovery in Novozymes
To succeed, you need to:
- Hold MSc in Chemical- or Biochemical engineering, Food Technology or similar
- At least 2 years of industrial experience, preferably with recovery processes or as a process engineer is preferred, but not a requirement
- Have a high degree of personal drive and the ability to overcome unforeseen barriers and create results; you can focus in an environment where changes are an integrated part of the daily work
- Be able to take the role as informal leader in daily decision making
- Be a quick learner and able to communicate complex problems to colleagues and stakeholders with different insights in recovery technology and processes
- Be able to combine scientific talent with practical skills, and be as comfortable solving short-term problems as optimizing processes to improve long-term productivity
- Appreciate working systematically and data based
- Have a technical interest and be capable of optimizing process conditions in a complex operational set-up
- Be excellent in written and oral communication skills in Danish and English
Location: This job will be located at our site in Hillerødgade, 2200 Copenhagen N.
Are you passionate about making a sustainable impact, and do you see yourself in this position? Then unlock your passion and apply today!
Application deadline: 25th June 2021.
Contact details: Senior Department Manager Ebbe Nielsen, tel. +45 3077 0756.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.
Not the right fit for you?
If this job for some reason is not the right fit for you, perhaps you know someone who might find it interesting? If so, please feel free to share the job link and encourage him or her to apply. Thank you for your referral. Please check out our other open positions. Maybe the right fit for you is just a few clicks away.
Want to learn more?
Did you know, that Novozymes was ranked #7 in Science magazine’s global Top Employers Survey 2019?
At Novozymes, we invite you to join us in finding biological solutions to the world’s problems. Being a pioneering company, we seek people, who are eager to try new things, motivated by challenge and not afraid to fail but driven to try again. And again. Original thinking happens when we’re given the flexibility to focus and the freedom to fully unfold our individual strengths. This is key to our innovation power and how we have become one of the top patent holders in the biotech industry. Learn more about Novozymes, our purpose, and your career opportunities at Novozymes.com. Follow us on LinkedIn and Instagram.