Do you want to rethink your impact, and are you passionate about enzyme production in a fast-paced environment where no two days are the same? Are you attracted to a position where cross-functional collaboration internally in the department and with other parts of Novozymes’ Supply Chain, is part of daily life? Then you might be our new Process Engineer.
What if you could work for a cause, not just a company?
Novozymes is the global market leader in biological solutions. We help build better lives. Together with our customers, partners and the global community, we use our innovative thinking and passion for science to boost industries and make everyday products more sustainable for the good of the planet. As the world’s leading provider of industrial enzymes and microorganisms, our bio-innovation enables higher agricultural yields, low-temperature washing, energy-efficient production, renewable fuel and many, many other biological solutions that the world can benefit from today and in the future. We call it Rethink Tomorrow.
Join us as our new Process Engineer in Recovery BE, Kalundborg
In Recovery BE we produce a broad range of enzymes on our drum line, including high quality food grade enzymes. We receive the enzyme culture broth from fermentation and recover it to enzyme concentrate, ready for final processing to liquid or solid finished good. In our busy production environment, we have an open position for a motivated engineer with a strong personal drive. You will need to translate your scientific understanding into solutions to real-life large-scale production issues. We support your personal development, and welcome candidates with future ambitions for a specialist career or having leadership aspirations.
Welcome to Enzyme Bulk Production, Kalundborg, part of Operations, Supply & Quality
You will be part of a team of dedicated and skilled engineers, technicians, operators and managers, all 46 people having the same goal of delivering great enzyme products from Recovery BE in the right quality to our customers on time. Furthermore, you will be part of cross-functional teams, working together to develop the next generation of enzyme recovery products, and ensure that these are brought efficiently to the market.
In this role you’ll make an impact by:
- Having the process responsibility including daily supervision, problem solving and optimization to meet business targets for quality, delivery, economy and regulatory requirements
- Optimization activities including identifying and driving technology projects to further improve our production processes and secure future capacity
- Take part in developing and implementing long-term strategies for the department
- Reach out to internal and external partners to support them, work with them and get inspiration to make sure we remain a center of excellence for enzyme recovery in Novozymes
To succeed, you need to:
- Hold a BSc or MSc in Chemical- or Biochemical engineering, Food Technology or similar
- Have at least 2 years of industrial experience, preferably with recovery processes or as a process engineer
- Have a high degree of personal drive and the ability to overcome unforeseen barriers and create results; you can focus in an environment where changes are an integrated part of the daily work
- Be a team-player who contributes proactively and understands the importance of successful collaborations
- Be able to take the role as informal leader in daily decision making, and be as comfortable solving short-term problems as optimizing processes to improve long-term productivity
- Be a quick learner, eager to develop yourself in the position
- Be able to combine scientific talent with practical skills, and able to communicate complex problems to colleagues and stakeholders with different insights in recovery technology and processes
- Appreciate working systematically and data based
- Have a technical interest and be capable of optimizing process conditions in a complex operational set-up
- Be excellent in written and oral communication skills in Danish and English
Location: This job will be located at our site in Kalundborg
Are you passionate about making a sustainable impact, and do you see yourself in this position? Then unlock your passion and apply today!
Application deadline: 22nd of January 2021.
Contact details: Senior Department Manager Ragnhild Korfits Frank, tel. +45 3077 5305.
Not the right fit for you?
If this job for some reason is not the right fit for you, perhaps you know someone who might find it interesting? If so, please feel free to share the job link and encourage him or her to apply. Thank you for your referral. Please check out our other open positions. Maybe the right fit for you is just a few clicks away.
Want to learn more?
Did you know, that Novozymes was ranked #7 in Science magazine’s global Top Employers Survey 2019?
At Novozymes, we invite you to join us in finding biological solutions to the world’s problems. Being a pioneering company, we seek people, who are eager to try new things, motivated by challenge and not afraid to fail but driven to try again. And again. Original thinking happens when we’re given the flexibility to focus and the freedom to fully unfold our individual strengths. This is key to our innovation power and how we have become one of the top patent holders in the biotech industry. Learn more about Novozymes, our purpose, and your career opportunities at Novozymes.com. Follow us on LinkedIn and Instagram.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder