About the position
In Process Engineering we are looking for a Process Engineer with a special interest in VARTM infusion to join the Casting Team. Your main area of focus will be VARTM and pressure assisted VARTM infusion of blades and subcomponents of blades. Hereunder, the vacuum before and during the infusion, the resin flow during infusion and the development of new and optimized methods for infusion of blades. You will additionally be responsible for designing the casting setup of the auxiliary materials used in the casting process and developing as well as qualifying new auxiliary materials for casting of blades.
Travel days per year - 10-25 days.
What are my responsibilities?
- Develop and implement new production processes globally
- Identify process improvement areas and optimize accordingly
- Design and document "critical to-parameters" for processes within your scope of work.
- Documentation creation/maintenance within process ownership (work instructions/ purchase specifications/ P-FMEA’s/ special characteristics, and RA’s).
- Analyze workflow and proposes improvements to management
- Ensure effective collaboration with both internal and external stakeholders; clarify issues within infusion of blades (external/internal audit, customer observations etc.)
- Share best practices across departments and plants, keep updated with industry standards and trends (cooperation with universities, institutes and knowledge centers)
- Define test methods for process related qualification of materials
- Implement process design updates in running production and field repair solutions
- Have the strategic overview for process development and roadmap
- Support root cause analysis, problem solving and non-conformance handling
- Support global departments and local plants within field of expertise
- Governance on production processes globally
- Systemize and develop our internal test database
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Engineering degree or similar technical education within relevant area
- Experienced working with VARTM within composite materials
- Experienced within designing and writing test documentation
- Experienced working with composites & wind turbine blade manufacturing-related knowledge
- If you have experienced with flow simulation, CFD programs or similar it would be an advantage
- Strong believer in quality and safety
- Keen eye for details
- Business and customer focus
- Be cost conscious for production processes
- Outgoing but not necessarily an extrovert
- Proactive way of working
- Good overview and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Flexible regarding working hours as overtime can occur
- Great communication skills
- Work independently as well as in teamwork
- Thrive in an international environment with different cultures and coworkers
- Willing to work behind a desk as well as doing hands-on tasks
- Fluent English both orally and in writing
- Technically strong within VARTM and flow understanding/simulation
- Reporting and analyzing skills
- Strong in MS-office
- Knowledge of Teamcenter or similar systems
In case you have acquired your skills in alternative ways your application is just as well appreciated.
Apply online in English for the job via the "Ansøg" link
Please note that we will reply by email. We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability, as we will use the data to review your suitability for the role.
If you have specific questions about the position please contact the hiring manager Bjarke Buchbjerg via phone +45 51673894
For further information regarding the recruitment process, please send the recruiting team an email via firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention the Job ID in the email.
We kindly draw your attention to the fact that this email may NOT be used for sending applications or CVs for evaluation.
Deadline for application: as soon as possible
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.