Do you have experience with gas systems and are you eager to work with development, design and specification of gas supply systems and components for gas systems? Would you like to be in a central role in a group of specialists working with the development of gas supply systems for large two stroke marine engines? Then you should be our new colleague in the team responsible for the development of gas supply systems which is part of the R&D department.
MAN Energy Solutions is the market leader in the development of large two-stroke marine engines for propulsion of ships. The development takes place in Copenhagen and the engines are primarily manufactured in South Korea, Japan and China.
In MAN ES we design engines, engine components as well as auxiliary systems and supply systems. We are primarily a licensing company, but we also have own production of key components and systems. In addition, we advise shipyards and ship owners about different technical solutions for their propulsion needs on ships.
Engines and systems for alternative fuels such as methane, ethane, LPG and methanol are developing quickly and as the gas operation is relatively new, there is a great need for new engine development and design as well as engine delivery systems.
About the job
You will be part of a young team of engineers working with tasks covering process calculations and system design to programming of SW for the system. The job will include both desk work and some hands on work in our test center in Copenhagen as well as at our license sites.
Highlights in the job:
- LPG process plant engineering, PFD, P&ID, technical specification and selection of components etc.
- Basic and detailed engineering of process i.e. mass and energy balance, HAZID, HAZOP, FMEA, piping and component sizing
- Thermodynamic and heat transfer calculations
- ATEX and IECEx requirement specification
- 3D design of pumps, pipes, supports, steel frames etc. FEM calculations
- Test and analyzing of measurement results and validating results
- Engineer M/B.Sc. Mechanical, Energy or Process/Chemical engineer
- Knowledge of thermodynamics and fluid dynamics
- Experienced within Oil and Gas / Chemical process and plant engineering or mechanical and/or engine engineering, design and development
- Experience within LPG, LNG and explosion environments
- Familiarity and/or experience with experimental work
- Personality: Team player, proactive, self-employed
- English language skills required - written and spoken
- a job in a market leading and trendsetting organization within its field
- Interesting and varied tasks in a department with a large interface with the business and external partners
- Good academic and personal development and education opportunities
- Unpretentious and good social work environment with skilled and committed colleagues, where knowledge sharing is highly prioritized
- Wage package matching qualifications incl. pension and health insurance
- Work place at Teglholmsgade 41, 2450 Copenhagen SV
Are you interested?
Then please send your application electronically via the "Ansøg" link by no later than 20. August 2018.
We look forward to receiving your application as well as relevant documents and CV.
Interviews will be held during the application period.
Do you want to know more?
If you have any questions regarding the position please contact Johan Kaltoft, Senior Project Manager, on mobile: + 45 2443 9892 or e-mail: Johan.Kaltoft@man-es.com
For further information about our company, we refer to www.man-es.com.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder