Power System Engineer focused on technologies performance
Imagine a future where you’re developing power system solutions for some of the biggest offshore wind farms in the world, within a fast-growing industryImagine a future where you’re developing power system solutions for some of the biggest offshore wind farms in the world, within a fast-growing industry
Join us in this role where you’ll be a power system expert focused on the assessment and development of the power system performance of converter-based technologies, such as energy storage systems, for their integration into our offshore wind farms. In the Electrical System Design and Grid Integration department we keep Ørsted at the forefront of new and cutting-edge power system solutions, technologies, and methods.
Welcome to Electrical System Design and Grid Integration
You’ll be part of Power System Solutions consisting of a diverse and global team of skilled power system specialists and where you, together with your colleagues, will play a key role optimising our wind farm designs and pushing the boundaries of what is possible. The role offers great opportunities for individual growth and development. We foster a highly collaborative, trusting, and engaged team environment where we share openly and solve challenges together.
You’ll play an important role in:
- analysing the overall electrical system performance and developing successful grid connection of new solutions, such as energy storage systems
- benchmarking and validating new technologies, commercial simulation models, and other specifications to ensure adequate and stable system performance
- performing power system studies on overall wind farm models to ensure technical feasibility and optimal design, incl. dynamic, transient, stability, and harmonic performance
- developing standardised methods and contributing to our digital tools pipeline, enabling continuous development of the system performance of the existing and new technologies and suppliers.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a solid background in electric power system engineering, with relevant education
- have experience with electrical system design and analysis using simulation tools such as DIgSILENT PowerFactory, PSCAD and/or PSS/E and programming experience in Python
- have knowledge within advanced power system studies such as stability, harmonics, transients, etc. and understand power system control and operational aspects of converter-based systems, incl. energy storage
- have a proactive, results-oriented, and systematic approach to your work tasks
- speak and write English fluently.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 31 August 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Ana Odile Gadea Capiscol, Team Lead, on (Denmark +45) 99558229, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process, we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via the "Apply" link and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.