Power System Engineer - Business Process Analyst for Nordic RSC, Copenhagen
This is a unique chance for a Engineer to join a fast developing common Nordic operational unit...
This is a unique chance for a Power System Engineer to join a fast developing common Nordic operational unit that supports the efficient and secure operation of the electricity systems across Finland, Norway, Sweden and Denmark during the transition to a sustainable, green energy system. You will join a team of young and enthusiastic colleagues working in the field of power system analysis, at the same time as you work in virtual teams with expert colleagues from the Nordic TSOs. Your daily workplace will be in our office in Copenhagen Towers, Oerestad.
Responsible for end-to-end processes in operations
Nordic RSC (Nordic Regional Security Coordinator) is the joint office for the four electricity TSOs (Transmission System Operator) in the Nordic region.
The Nordic RSC prepares advanced calculations and big data analysis based on the Nordic and Pan-European grid models, which provides the basis for more efficient power system operation, cross-border in the Nordic Region and integrated in the European power system.
As our Business Process Analyst you will be a key profile in developing and implementing operational procedures of the Nordic RSC. The ambition is to build a state-of-the-art business and IT backbone to support the national TSOs in the region with cutting edge analysis and business insights in order to maximize the operational efficiency and security of the national power systems.
Reporting to the Daily Manager your key responsibilities are:
- Take the lead role as business service owner for one or more business processes
- Implement and optimize business procedures
- Participate in or lead development projects for optimization or new business processes
- Co-ordinate implementation and testing of new business procedures with RSC staff
- Maintain high performance of specific operational processes
- Analyze specific grid/planning situations and prepare improvements
- Interface to IT in trou2ble shooting in daily operation and improvements of existing processes
- Communicate and co-ordinate with Nordic TSOs on operational improvements and data exchange
- Ensure daily, monthly and yearly regular reporting from RSC
- Develop and maintain training programs for existing and new employees
- Participate in international development projects, e.g. ENTSO-E
You can look forward to a meaningful job in the transition to renewable energy generation with large scale impact on society. It is a unique opportunity to get in-depth understanding of the operational aspects of the Nordic green Power system.
International mindset with IT and business excellence in power system engineering
You hold a master’s degree or equivalent in electrical engineering or power system engineering with a business profile. Ideally, you have 3-5 years of relevant work experience or more with a proven track record from TSOs.
Other key skills are:
- Analytical and structured way of working
- Reporting and written communication experience at management level
- Strong communicative background, fluency in spoken and written English
- Knowledge of Scandinavian languages (preferred)
- Good intercultural understanding and motivated by working in an international environment
On a personal level you are open-minded and outgoing. You are development and team-oriented, have motivation and drive and take responsibility. You are respected for your can-do and follow-through attitude. Finally, you have also got a proven capability to work in an agile environment with many and ongoing deadlines.
Application deadline and contact information
Please apply online as soon as possible (in English) and no later than 4th of March 2020. Interviews are scheduled at 12th of March. If you have any questions, please contact Daily Manager Jens Møller Birkebæk, tel. +45 2333 8794.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder