Power System Engineer with a focus on electrical system design
Would you like to conduct the electrical design of some of the biggest offshore wind farms in the world in an exciting and fast-growing industry?
Join us and become a Power System Engineer in Electrical System Design and Grid Integration where you’ll be responsible for coordinating the design and interconnection of our offshore wind farm’s electrical infrastructure. This role could be at a senior level for a candidate with a high level of experience. As a Power System Engineer, your primary task is to manage and execute the design and grid integration of the windfarm’s electrical power transmission system and ensure grid code compliance. The department comprises more than 30 power system specialists working to ensure electrical integration of our offshore windfarms into an increasing number of markets across the world.
Your key tasks will be to
- proactively plan, support and manage the design of the overall electrical power transmission system from the onshore substation to the wind turbine generator in alignment with project needs
- act as a bridge to enable close relationships and information sharing between electrical system design engineers in Denmark and grid connection engineers working locally in the US
- cooperate closely with project stakeholders, keeping track of risks and problems, and communicating with internal and external stakeholders
- perform power system studies on the wind farm, including power flow, voltage control, dynamic analysis, fault ride through, stability and harmonic studies to support design and grid connection activities.
Additionally, you’ll handle other aspects in connection with the projects, e.g. optimisation and cost benefit analyses, support of decision processes, work planning to meet critical milestones, procurement support and, not least, documenting the technical solutions and analyses.
Your competences include that you
- have at minimum a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering
- have experience with electrical system design and analysis using simulation tools like PowerFactory, PSS/E and PSCAD
- are able to be flexible and adaptive in a fast-changing environment, whilst maintaining a proactive and systematic approach to your work tasks
- speak and write English fluently
- thrive in an international environment and are able to create good relationships with your stakeholders.
Experience managing projects or leading technical tasks would be held in high regard.
As a person, you have excellent communication skills enabling you to convey complex issues in a simple yet precise manner, as well as presenting results in a professional way. Finally, you have a result-oriented and analytical approach to your work and enjoy working both independently and together with your colleagues and business partners.
Working at Ørsted
Our vision is to create a world that runs entirely on green energy. This ambitious goal relies on maximising the talents of a truly inclusive workforce that brings diversity of thought, perspective, knowledge and background to our business.
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 27 October 2019, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Daniel Di Somma, Team Lead of Grid Connections (US), by telephone on +45 9955 7366 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.