Power System Engineer with a focus on electrical system design
Would you like to conduct the electrical design of some of the biggest offshore wind farms in the world together with highly professional colleagues?
Join us and become Power System Engineer in Electrical System Analysis where you’ll be responsible for designing the electrical infrastructure of our offshore wind farms.
As Power System Engineer, your primary task is to design the electrical power transmission system of the wind farms and ensure grid code compliance. Moreover, you’ll participate in relevant project meetings and cooperate with other team members on shared issues. You also keep track of risks and problems and communicate with internal and external stakeholders.
Your key tasks will be to
- design the overall electrical power transmission system from the onshore substation to the wind turbine generator
- perform power system studies on the wind farm, including power flow, voltage control, dynamic analysis, fault ride through, stability and harmonic studies.
Additionally, you’ll handle other aspects in connection with the projects, e.g. optimisation and cost benefit analyses, supporting decision processes, planning work to meet critical milestones, supporting procurement and, not least, documenting the technical solutions and analyses.
Your competences include that you
- have a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or preferably a master’s degree in electrical engineering
- have experience with electrical systems and simulation tools like PowerFactory and PSCAD
- have a proactive and systematic approach to your work tasks
- speak and write English fluently
- thrive in an international environment and are able to create good relationships with your stakeholders.
As a person, you have excellent communication skills, enabling you to convey complex issues in a simple yet precise manner as well as present results in a professional way. Finally, you have a result-oriented and analytical approach to your work and enjoy working both independently and together with your colleagues and business partners.
Working at Ørsted
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 3 January 2019, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Bjarne H. Hansen, Senior Manager of Electrical System Analysis, by telephone on +45 9955 4153 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder