Power engineer - Business Process Analyst and Back-Office Coordinator for Nordic RSC
This is a unique chance for a Power engineer - Business Process Analyst to join a high-profile, green field operation ..
This is a unique chance for a Power engineer - Business Process Analyst to join a high-profile, green field operation with a shared vision across four Nordic national TSOs who are determined to make an important footprint in the energy sector. The Nordic RSC prepares advanced calculations and big data analysis in the regional grid model, which is to form the platform for more efficient power system operation, cross-border in the Nordic Region and integrated in the European power system. 125 employees from the Nordic transmission system operators (TSOs) are already working on the project. Your workplace will be in our newly established joint office in Copenhagen Towers, Oerestad.
Responsible for End-To-End Back-Office Operations
The Power engineer - Business Process Analyst will be a key profile in the implementation of all back-office operational procedures of the Nordic RSC. The ambition is to build a state of the art business and IT backbone to support the national TSOs in the region with cutting edge analysis and business insights in order to maximize the operational efficiency of the national power systems.
Reporting to the Daily Manager your key responsibilities in back-office are to:
- Implement and optimize all back-office procedures
- Maintain high performance of all operational back-office processes
- Analyze specific grid/planning situations and prepare improvements
- Act as interface to IT in trouble shooting in daily operation and improvements of existing processes
- Co-ordinate implementation and testing of new business procedures with RSC staff
- Communicate and co-ordinate with Nordic TSOs on operational improvements and data exchange
- Prepare all daily, monthly and yearly regular reporting from RSC
- Develop and maintain training programs for existing and new employees
- Participate in international development projects, e.g. ENTSO-E
You can look forward to a meaningful job in the transition to renewable energy generation with large scale impact on society. It is a unique opportunity to get in-depth understanding of the operational aspects of the Nordic green Power system.
International Mindset with IT and Business Excellence in Power System Engineering
You hold a masters degree or equivalent in Electrical Engineering or Power System Engineering with a business profile. Ideally, you have 3-5 years of relevant work experience or more with a proven track record from TSOs.
Other key skills are:
- Analytical and structured way of working
- Reporting and written communication experience at management level
- Strong communicative background, fluency in spoken and written English
- Knowledge of Scandinavian languages (preferred)
- Intercultural understanding
On a personal level you are open-minded and outgoing. You are development and team-oriented and have motivation and drive and take responsibility. You are respected for your can-do and follow-through attitude. Finally, you have a proven capability to work in an agile environment with many and ongoing deadlines.
Application deadline and contact information
Please apply online as soon as possible (in English), via the "Ansøg" link, and no later than 30 August 2017. If you have any questions, please contact Project Manager Jens Møller Birkebæk, tel. +45 2333 8794. Interviews are scheduled on 7 September and 13 September 2017.
Nordic RSC (Regional Security Coordinator) is the Copenhagen-based joint office for the Swedish, Norwegian, Finnish and Danish transmission system operators (TSOs). Energinet has been chosen as host TSO for the Joint Office and heads up the implementation of this new important Nordic collaboration for reliable electricity supply. For more information, please visit www.nordic-rsc.net.
Energinet is an independent public enterprise owned by the Danish state as represented by the Ministry of Energy, Utilities and Climate. It owns, operates and develops the Danish electricity and gas transmission systems. For more information about Energinet.dk, please visit www.energinet.dk.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder