Power Design Engineer for space products
Will your next product be launched into space?
IR HiRel Denmark ApS
Will your next product be launched into space? IR HiRel is a market leader in advanced high reliability power electronics for aerospace, defense and space applications. The Danish design center is located in Herlev where 25 highly skilled engineers and technicians design high reliability power supplies for the space industry. Do you want to take the next step in your career and become part of our great team of experts? Then, it’s time to join us as an Electrical Design Engineer!
As a Power Design Engineer your primary responsibility is to design and develop complex DC/DC switch-mode power supplies for high reliability applications. You will be working with both proprietary designs, traditional converter topologies as well as analog circuit design.
In your new role you will:
- Be responsible for the electrical design and analysis
- Work with our mechanical designers to ensure the PCB layout meets the Thermal and Mechanical requirements
- Debug and test prototypes and ensure the integrity of production testing
- Perform technical analysis (Worst Case Analysis, Part Stress Analysis, Failure Mode Effect Analysis, and Reliability Analysis)
- Write documentation for the design towards customers and internal departments
- Participate in cross-organizational improvement projects
- Participate in customer meetings and reviews
You consider yourself an organized, proactive and goal-oriented person. You are also a good communicator who is able to grow and maintain sustainable relationships with others. Furthermore, you are used to make trade-offs and take design decisions in order to meet deadlines. Lastly, you are able to manage risks and function well in an environment where multitasking is a must.
You are probably best equipped for this role if you have:
- A degree in Electronics or similar field of studies
- At least 3 years of experience with custom designed switch mode power applications, analog circuits and control loop theory
- Strong circuit analysis skills
- Prior experience with high reliability electronics is a plus
- Fluency in English (mandatory)
A unique opportunity to join a highly skilled design team developing world leading power solutions for the space exploration and satellite industry. In this role you will be able to expand your skillset depending on your interests. We have an informal working environment with flexible hours, a wide range of employee benefits and the option to partially work from home.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder