For our latest Onshore product developments, we’re looking for an ambitious and enthusiastic Power Curve Engineer. You will join our Rotor Performance Team with focus on prototype power curve measurements.The position is based in Brande/DK.
We are a multi-national team spread over different locations and validate power curves for SGRE's new Onshore turbines as well as for performance improvement activities on existing turbines.
We are also responsible for simulation and field test of aerodynamic add-ons like vortex generators, serrations or similar. You will carry out power curve simulations for wind turbine rotors for internal usage as well as for Sales activities.
You will be responsible for the validation of the power curve during prototype measurement campaigns, together with the measurement department. This includes analyzing data quality and finding the root causes of eventual deviations from predicted values, for example by identifying wrongly calibrated sensors, impact of site climatic conditions or changes to turbine soft- and hardware.
What are my responsibilities?
- Power curve calculations with BEM-tools of new/existing wind turbines for internal use and Sales activities
- Analyzing power curve field data collected by the measurement department
- Contribution to defining the sensor setup of the prototype and the test site (Met masts, LiDARs, etc.)
- Definition of pitch settings to optimize turbine performance
- Development/maintenance of performance monitoring tools
What do I need to qualify for this job?
The applicant needs to have an engineering background and a master’s degree in engineering, preferable in the wind turbine area. She/he should be result oriented, structured and capable of keeping perspective in the busy daily work in a project-oriented organization. A high degree of autonomy is expected in terms of finding or developing the right solutions to deliver to agreed timelines.
- Master’s degree or PhD in engineering (wind energy, physics or similar)
- Experience in power curve prediction in BEM-tools is required
- Knowledge about site-inflow and other phenomena with impact on power curves is required
- Experience with handling of huge amount of data (filtering, binning, etc.) would be of advantage
- Experience in the wind industry would be an advantage
- Programming skills, preferable in Matlab
In case you have acquired your skills in alternative ways your application is just as well appreciated.
Apply though the "Ansøg"
If you have specific questions about the position, please contact the hiring manager Maximilian Kosmale via phone: +45 2333 5437
For further information regarding the recruitment process, please send the recruiting team an email via firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention the Job ID in the email.
We kindly draw your attention to the fact that this email may NOT be used for sending applications or CVs for evaluation.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.