For our latest Onshore product developments we’re looking for an ambitious and enthusiastic Power Curve Engineer. You will join our Rotor Performance Team with focus on prototype power curve measurements. The position is based in Brande/DK.
We are a multi-national team spread over different locations and validate power curves for SGRE's new Onshore turbines as well as for performance improvement activities on existing turbines.
We are also responsible for simulation and field test of aerodynamic add-ons like vortex generators, serrations or similar.
We closely cooperate, amongst others, with controls, loads and acoustic teams as well as blades production. You will carry out power curve simulations for wind turbine rotors, with strong focus on the impact of add-on aerodynamics to power curves.
You will also contribute to the actual design of new aerodynamic add-ons and to the development/maintenance of performance prediction tools.
What are my responsibilities?
- Power curve calculations with BEM-tools of new/existing wind turbines for internal use and sales activities
- Simulation and validation of aerodynamic add-on performance (Serrations, Vortex Generators, etc.) in BEM and optionally CFD
- Definition of controller scheduling to optimize turbine performance
- Wind tunnel and prototype turbine validation of aerodynamic solutions
- Development/maintenance of performance prediction tools
What do I need to qualify for this job?
The applicant needs to have an engineering background and a master’s degree in engineering, preferable in the wind turbine area. Similar disciplines like aerospace or physics are also welcome. She/he should be result oriented, structured and capable of keeping perspective in the busy daily work in a project-oriented organization. A high degree of autonomy is expected in terms of finding or developing the right solutions to deliver to agreed timelines.
- Master’s degree or PhD in engineering (wind energy, aerospace, physics or similar)
- Experience in power curve prediction in BEM-tools is required
- Solid aerodynamic theoretical knowledge is required (2D airfoil aerodynamics)
- 3D CFD simulation experience would be of advantage
- Experience in the wind industry would be an advantage
- Programming skills, preferable in Matlab
In case you have acquired your skills in alternative ways your application is just as well appreciated.
If you have specific questions about the position, please contact the hiring manager Maximilian Kosmale via phone: +45 2333 5437
For further information regarding the recruitment process, please send the recruiting team an email via firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention the Job ID in the email.
Apply though the "Ansøg"
We kindly draw your attention to the fact that this email may NOT be used for sending applications or CVs for evaluation.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.