Pioneer a brighter future
At Novozymes, we work in close partnership with our customers and the global community to make a sustainable impact. We use science to advance industries, and as part of Research, Innovation and Supply, you will help find the biological answers and build the new businesses that can pave the way for a brighter future.
Postdoc position, "Diversify - A biodiversity Based Strategy for Cell Factory Construction", Bagsvaerd
Are you a Postdoc who is looking for a great opportunity to start a career in one of the market leading companies? Then keep on reading.
We can offer you a 3.5 year Postdoc project employment in the department of Automation Technology at Novozymes in Bagsvaerd, Denmark. The department consists of approx. 13 people, and you will report to the Senior Department Manager. In periods, work will also be conducted in the department of Fungal Strain Technology, also located in Bagsvaerd.
The project title is: "Diversify - A biodiversity Based Strategy for Cell Factory Construction" and is financed by Innovation Fund Denmark (IFD), conducted in collaboration between DTU and three industrial partners. Please follow the link to a press release for the project at the homepage of IFD, to learn more (in Danish): https://innovationsfonden.dk/en/node/1496
The aim of the whole project is to establish a library of genetically diverse fungal species that can be tested as potential cell factories for expression of different bio-molecules. As an industrial partner Novozymes will evaluate expression potential of the library for industrial enzymes. Much of the work will be done using liquid handlers/laboratory robots. You will be located at Novozymes, Denmark, working in close collaboration with fellow scientists and specialists from other departments.
In this position you need to have:
- A PhD degree in a relevant field (e.g. automation technology, molecular biology, biochemistry, or fermentation science)
- Very good skills in automation/programming of liquid handlers
- A good understanding of molecular biology, microbial cell physiology, and/or bioinformatics is a great advantage, but not a requirement.
- Experience in working with various programming languages and handling of large data sets is an advantage, but not a requirement.
- An open and creative approach to problem solving.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Are you the next Zymer in our team? Consider a career with Novozymes and let's realize your potential together.
Novozymes is the world leader in biological solutions. Together with customers, partners and the global community, we improve industrial performance while preserving the planet's resources and helping build better lives. As the world's largest provider of enzyme and microbial technologies, our bioinnovation enables higher agricultural yields, low-temperature washing, energy-efficient production, renewable fuel and many other benefits that we rely on today and in the future. We call it Rethink Tomorrow. www.novozymes.com
For more information please contact Senior Department Manager Martin Persson, Ph.D. ()
Application deadline: September 15, 2017
Please attach your diploma(s) when you apply for the job.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder