Do you want to rethink your impact, and are you passionate about law and business? Then you might be our new paralegal/legal assistant.
What if you could work for a cause, not just a company?
Novozymes is the global market leader in biological solutions. We help build better lives. Together with our customers, partners and the global community, we use our innovative thinking and passion for science to boost industries and make everyday products more sustainable for the good of the planet. As the world’s leading provider of industrial enzymes and microorganisms, our bio-innovation enables higher agricultural yields, low-temperature washing, energy-efficient production, renewable fuel and many, many other biological solutions that the world can benefit from today and in the future. We call it Rethink Tomorrow.
Join us as our new Paralegal / Legal Assistant in Novozymes Legal, Bagsværd
As a paralegal/legal assistant in Novozymes Legal, you will perform diverse administrative functions requiring confidentiality, initiative, thoughtfulness, global awareness and follow-through. You will excel if you thrive on personal connections, managing multiple assignments, processes and tight deadlines while working with many different people both inside and outside the organization.
In Novozymes Legal we are passionate, ambitious and dedicated to our work, but we also take work-life balance seriously. Novozymes Legal is present in Denmark, China and the US and currently employs 16 employees.
In this position your responsibilities will be:
- Support to the Board of Directors of Novozymes A/S with various administrative tasks
- The Novozymes Group’s corporate governance documentation
- Administrative aspects related to Novozymes’ shareholder meetings (AGM)
- Support in connection with compliance and legal process development projects
- Administration of Novozymes’ Insider Register
- Administration of Novozymes’ Affiliate Database
- Maintaining Legal’s communication on internal and external websites
- Signature processing and document notarization in collaboration with internal stakeholders, service providers and external lawyers
- Support on various IT systems within the Legal department, including systems for contract archiving, law firm invoices, board material and e-signatures
We offer a full-time position as paralegal/legal assistant in Novozymes Legal based in Denmark.
You will work alongside and support sharp and experienced colleagues in the Novozymes Legal department while having independent responsibility for assignments and contacts within and outside Novozymes.
In this position you need to have:
- Paralegal / Legal secretary or similar background. However, please do not hesitate to apply if you have relevant experience but a different educational background
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Excellent skills in English - in writing and speech
- Document management skills
- Expert user of Microsoft Word and Power Point
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Excel is an advantage
- Although not a requirement, experience from a legal department or law firm is an advantage
- Able to work systematically with a strong attention to detail and deadlines
- Motivated by helping others
- Service-oriented and collaborative
- Calm and able to maintain perspective under pressure
- Willing and able to learn new skills, in particular new tech skills
- Able to communicate effectively with people in a friendly way
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Able to prioritize own time and plan ahead to get things done on time
- Impeccable integrity
- Willing to travel when necessary (between 5-10 workdays per year)
- If you are also interested in sustainable business and great colleagues, you will feel right at home
The job is based in Bagsværd at the company’s headquarter.
Are you passionate about making a sustainable impact, and do you see yourself in this position? Then unlock your passion and apply today!
Contact details: For more information please contact: General Counsel & Vice President, Mikkel Viltoft. Phone: +45 30770267.
Please write your application for the job in English and attach a copy of your educational diploma.
Application deadline: February 26th, 2021
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.
Not the right fit for you?
If this job for some reason is not the right fit for you, perhaps you know someone who might find it interesting? If so, please feel free to share the job link and encourage him or her to apply. Thank you for your referral. Please check out our other open positions. Maybe the right fit for you is just a few clicks away.
Want to learn more?
At Novozymes, we invite you to join us in finding biological solutions to the world’s problems. Being a pioneering company, we seek people, who are eager to try new things, motivated by challenge and not afraid to fail but driven to try again. And again. Original thinking happens when we’re given the flexibility to focus and the freedom to fully unfold our individual strengths. This is key to our innovation power and how we have become one of the top patent holders in the biotech industry. Learn more about Novozymes, our purpose, and your career opportunities at www.novozymes.com/en/careers. Follow us on LinkedIn and Instagram.