OT Communication Infrastructure Engineer
Imagine a future where you work on a large physical communication infrastructure, ensuring reliable connectivity in our international wind farm
Imagine a future where you work on a large physical communication infrastructure, ensuring reliable connectivity in our international wind farm port
Join us in this role where you’ll design and oversee the development of optical and copper cabling for all data, voice, and radio communication for our wind farms. You’ll allocate optical fibres in export cables between onshore and offshore substations and in array cables between wind turbines. Additionally, you’ll control communication panel design, their interconnections, and patching infrastructure. You’ll be the glue that connects our systems, all the way from the wind turbines to the land-based IT infrastructure.
Welcome to OT Communication Systems
You’ll be part of OT Infrastructure where you, together with your colleagues, will participate in establishing communication between different parts of the wind farm. You’ll join a team of seven in the department of 20 colleagues, working in three continents. You’ll also collaborate with the project team who’s working in an international and dynamic setup and have the opportunity to travel to supplier and installation sites.
You’ll play an important role in:
- being responsible for the design of our communication cable infrastructure
- handling cable lists and drawings for fibre-optic and Ethernet cables using dedicated software tools, e.g., ePLAN
- participating in onsite visits to ensure high-quality installations
- administering our tender requirements and best practices
- following a contract with a rack supplier and ensuring a high quality of deliveries.
To succeed in the role, you:
- thrive in an office environment and have strong experience with Microsoft Office and electrical design software
- are passionate about fibre-optic, Ethernet, and coaxial cables, as well as LV power
- speak and write English fluently and thrive in an international environment
- can create good relationships with our stakeholders
- are a qualified electrician, who has experience with fibre-optic and Ethernet installations, or a recent graduate with a master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, or equivalent
- have a proactive and systematic approach to your work tasks.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 29 June 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Lukasz Brewka, Head of SCADA Secure Connect, on +4599556289 if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
We offer a flexible workplace, and in this position, you’ll be working in a hybrid (office and home-working) set-up.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder