Operational SCADA Engineer (WTG) for offshore wind farms
Would you like to take up the technical challenges of ensuring optimal operation while improving the cyber security of our SCADA systems on offshore wind farms?
Join us and become our new SCADA Engineer in the SCADA team in Operations where you and your colleagues will be responsible for the overall handling and daily operation of all of Offshore’s production SCADA, communication and support systems. This includes being responsible for cybersecurity, failure analysis and the technical management of lifecycle campaigns and for using your specialist knowledge to guide and assist junior members of the team in delivering on the team’s results. The job will also allow you a large degree of freedom and the opportunity to affect your own working day.
You’ll become part of a team that ensures the operation of our SCADA control systems, focusing on WTG and substation control systems. You’ll have a key role in defining and updating all maintenance programmes related to the SCADA and communication systems on the offshore wind farms. Furthermore, we’re responsible for cybersecurity on all systems, and we assist our sites in case of failures on the systems, ensuring that appropriate corrective and preventive actions are completed. These steps enable us to secure asset integrity throughout the fleet of offshore wind farms.
Your key tasks will be to
- support our sites by managing and following up on technical issues during operation to ensure integrity is maintained and that corrective actions are performed in the optimal way
- ensure cybersecurity by proactively addressing issues and opportunities, and by supporting the organisation in implementing new equipment
- implement complex functionality for the WTG control systems together with our sites and external suppliers
- ensure the quality of the reporting on integrity issues and risks within the area
- manage discussions with supplier specialists regarding failure modes and upgrades
Furthermore, you’ll engage actively with other parts of Operations on cross-departmental projects, and have the opportunity to be involved in the development of requirements for future SCADA systems in the construction of future wind farms to ensure optimal operation throughout the lifetime of the wind farms.
Your competences include that you
- preferably have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in electrical/software engineering or have similar engineering knowledge
- have experience with maintenance of SCADA systems and networks from a WTG manufacturer (preferably Siemens Gamesa or MHI Vestas), preferably combined with practical knowledge of HV system design on offshore wind assets
- have experience with failure investigation on SCADA systems and ideally have solid network knowledge
- have knowledge within ISO2700x, VGB s-175, NERC-CIP or similar IT security standards
- speak and write English fluently, while the ability to speak and write German will be considered an advantage.
As a person, your good communication skills allow you to achieve results in teams with many stakeholders. You have a solid skillset within the SCADA area, which allows you to oversee complex issues, find the optimal solution and communicate clearly with customers. With a keen eye for detail and a proactive and systematic approach to your work tasks, you focus on adding value and creating results, and you enjoy solving complex and challenging tasks. It’ll also be viewed as an advantage if you’re fluent in Danish.
Working at Ørsted
Our vision is to create a world that runs entirely on green energy. This ambitious goal relies on maximising the talents of a truly inclusive workforce that brings diversity of thought, perspective, knowledge and background to our business.
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 3 November 2019, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
For Denmark, please don’t hesitate to contact Troels Rahbek Lindhard, Head of SCADA, by telephone on +45 9955 6319 if you’d like to know more about the position.
For the United Kingdom, please don’t hesitate to contact the Recruitment Specialist by email on email@example.com.
All UK-based positions will be subject to satisfactory pre-employment screening; further details will be given at offer stage.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.
You should expect some travelling in relation to your work.
Criminal record certificate
Please note that for Danish applicants, we may request a criminal record certificate in connection with this job, and that employment will be subject to the information listed. The criminal record certificate will only be used in the assessment if the criminal activity is of relevance to the position.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.