Operation Engineer for the Software and Electronics group
MAN Energy Solutions is market-leading developing two stroke engines for ship propulsion. We develop the next generation ship engines to be carbon neutral by using new fuel types and reduce emissions
MAN Energy Solutions is market-leading developing two stroke engines for ship propulsion. We develop the next generation ship engines to be carbon neutral by using new fuel types and reduce emissions. Our headquarters is situated in Copenhagen and this is the opportunity to come join our great company. The open position is in our Operation department group “Software and Electronics”.
The main job tasks are:
- Troubleshooting network connections to engines at licensee's sites or via satellite connection to vessels in service.
- Assistance when configuration of systems onboard to enable data integration to other systems or general software issues onboard.
- Product maturing to highlight pain points to R&D to keep improving our system.
- Smaller software develop tasks to assist with data analysis in house.
- Technical support to ship operators and licensees concerning engine control and electronics.
- Data analysis in connection with troubleshooting.
- Product maturing of new ECS software features.
- Marine engineer with an interest in IT and data analysis or you have an IT SW/infrastructure background with an interest in the maritime industry
- You have experience in software development or an interest to learn
- Experience with Python and SQL is an advantage.
- Network configuration and troubleshooting
- Solid English skills, orally as well as written is mandatory.
- Willingness to travel.
We are in other words looking for an “IT-Swiss-army-knife” with strong IT skills and an interest in learning. But also one that seeks the adventures by working in the maritime industry and finds motivation in attending a ship now and then, to dig into issues that cannot be solved from office.
It might be that you are an engineer with flair for IT and programming or vice versa – experience and motivation is equally important.
How is your new team/area of business?
The Operation department is primarily involved in the follow-up on new designs, service testing and troubleshooting of new engines in service. It is all about making it all work together in real life.
Our team is deeply involved in exciting new projects. All new engines are built to be connected with operational data being send ashore and options for remote management. This is both to support customers’ needs and to enable us to monitor the engines more closely. In particular the connectivity on new engines calls for expansion of our skillset – this is where you fit in.
The software and electronics group is composed of various engineers and a solution architect, so there will be plenty of experienced colleagues to learn from and work with.
Who is MAN Energy Solutions?
With headquarter in Germany, MAN Energy Solutions employs around 15,000 people worldwide. Of these, we are approx. 2,200 passionate employees in Denmark in three locations: Copenhagen, Frederikshavn and Holeby. With more than 250 years of experience in advanced engineering, we deliver a unique portfolio of technologies and opportunities in the development of engines for use on ships and in power plants across the globe. MAN Energy Solutions works on the motto "Future in The Making", because we make a virtue out of creating sustainable solutions and contribute to a carbon neutral economy.
What can MAN Energy Solutions offer you?
MAN Energy Solutions offers a competitive salary package and pension scheme. In addition, we have a number of other employee benefits, which among other things includes:
- Health insurance, access to physiotherapy etc.
- Massage scheme
- Wealth of employee clubs and associations covering everything from sports to art
- Discount clubs
- Great flexibility
- Free parking
How do you apply?
If you think the job sounds interesting, we would love to hear from you! Apply for the job through our homepage by clicking on “Apply for position” and attach CV, application letter and other relevant documents. The application deadline is Thurday 30th of September 2021. We will conduct interviews during the application period. If you have any questions, you are welcome to contact Operations - Software & Electronics manager, Mr. Allan J. Larsen, phone +45 30582531, or by e-mail: Allanj.Larsen@man-es.com.
More information about the company can be found at www.man-es.com.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.
MAN Energy Solutions encourages all qualified candidates regardless of gender, age, religion, disability and ethnic background to apply for this position.