Operation Engineer for control and electronics
Our headquarters is situated in Copenhagen and the engines are produces on license, primarily in the Far East.
MAN Diesel & Turbo is market-leading in the development of the two stroke diesel engines for ship propulsion. Our headquarters is situated in Copenhagen and the engines are produces on license, primarily in the Far East.
Our vision is to limit the emission of both greenhouse and toxic gases to the highest possible extent. As part of the strategy we are also in the midst of introducing dual fuel gas engines onto the market utilizing our own developed engine control system, made with emphasis on both reliability and user-friendliness. Currently a hot topic is online access to vessels giving both the ability to remotely troubleshoot and gather data for optimization.
The open position can be found in our Two Stroke Operation Department group for Control and Electronics, which is primarily involved in the follow-up, testing and troubleshooting of the electronically controlled engines. The 16 members of this group are mix of Mechanical, Electro and Marine Engineers.
The main job tasks are:
- Technical support to Operation department and PrimeServ concerning engine control, evaluating functionality from source code
- Engine control software product maturing and feedback to software department
- Data analysis in connection with troubleshooting vessels in service
- Participation in tests of new design and feedback to our R&D and Design Department
- Follow-up on new design, especially within the engine control and electronics area, from the office and onboard ships as well as in our licensees’ production
- Electro / Mechanical / Mechatronics / Marine Engineer
- Experience with MAN B&W 2-stroke electronically controlled engines
- Good programing skills, C, C++, MATLAB
- Electronic flair for control & process systems
- Solid knowledge of the English language, orally as well as written
- Willingness to travel beneficial but not essential
- A varied and very interesting job with possibilities for both professional and personal development in an international business environment
- Salary following qualifications, full overtime payment and pension scheme
- Flexible working hours
- A department consisting of talented and dedicated people
Application and contact
If you have any further questions, please contact Manager, Mr. Allan J. Larsen, phone +45 3385 2627, or by e-mail: Allanj.Larsen@man.eu.
Application, CV and other relevant documents must be sent electronically through the link “Send Application” at the latest at the 31 October 2017.
We look forward to hearing more from you and about you.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder