OpenAPI Platform Manager
By joining the Saxo OpenAPI platform team, you will help accelerate the adoption and knowledge of our OpenAPI technology amongst developers and clients world wide...
Are you our new OpenAPI Platform Manager?
By joining the Saxo OpenAPI platform team, you will help accelerate the adoption and knowledge of our OpenAPI technology amongst developers and clients world wide.
Saxo Bank’s latest client facing multiple award winning trading platform, the SaxoTraderGO, is built on our OpenAPI technology. It handles over 25.000 concurrent online trading clients, over 160.000 monthly users and often over 1,000.000 transactions daily.
The Saxo Bank OpenAPI is a key component of the our Open Banking strategy, and a way towards a truly open banking platform. It has been available to select developers for the last year, but we are now preparing it for wider exposure.
As our new OpenAPI Platform Manager you refer to the Head of OpenAPI and belong to the Open API platform team. We are responsible for defining the product towards our IT organization for development, and subsequently making it commercially available. We are a small team, so our tasks include everything from creating marketing material, writing or editing developer documentation, evangelizing, meeting with clients and developers, speaking at conferences, onboarding 3rd party applications etc. During 2018 this work will intensify, and we need an extra pioneer to join us on this journey.
Among others you will:
- Receive new API functionality as it is being delivered from our IT deparment, making sure it is properly documented and works as expected.
- Write (or get from our IT department) small samples and documentation to explain certain features of our API.
- Develop smaller worksheets in Excel which solve real business problems while also illustrate the capabilities of our API
- Interface with developers of 3rd party applications from initial contact until the application is trading with real money against our live trading system.
- Gradually building and then managing and run a development community.
- Eventually participate in meetings with strategic clients to analyze requirements and scope possible solutions.
You have a solid understanding of API technology and a keen interest in trading and investment. As a person you come across as a good communicator with a passion for what you do. You have a strong sense of quality, and a will to succed. At the same time you recognize that challenging problems are best solved through collaboration and that team work is essential.
Further we are looking for a candidate with the following qualifications:
- Stong experience with and in depth knowledge of at least one backend and one front end development language.
- You understand API technology and have written sample applications against a couple of API’s, for example facebook, twitter, google, or of course our own Saxo Bank OpenAPI (which you can finde here: https://developer.saxo).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, as you will be engaging with clients, writing samples, updating documentation and generally be an ambassador for the Saxo OpenAPI.
- Interest and knowledge of the financial markets and possible experience with trading or investing.
- Excellent written and oral English is a prerequisite
- Some knowledge of Microsoft Excel is a plus.
First and foremost, we offer more than just a job; being an employee in Saxo Bank is an opportunity to invest in your future. In addition, you get:
- A chance to join a truly growth-embracing culture, which will commit to helping you grow personally and professionally.
- An opportunity to work as part of a dynamic, very ambitious and, at the same time, informal and pleasant working environment.
- A competitive salary plus benefits package.
Apply for the position via the "Ansøg" link found on this page.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder