Do you have an interest and experience in working with the operation and maintenance of offshore pipelines?
Join us and become Offshore Pipeline Engineer in our O&M Offshore Pipelines department, where you'll become part of a team of professionals involved in all disciplines related to the operation and maintenance of offshore pipelines. The department is responsible for the operation and maintenance of approximately 800 km of offshore pipelines - one oil and two gas transmission pipelines - and associated subsea structures and risers. The department's responsibility includes asset management, preparation of inspection programmes and follow-up on the execution and integrity assessment.
Your key tasks will be to
- ensure that the risks associated with the operation of offshore oil and gas transmission pipelines are properly understood and are being effectively managed
- ensure and manage the integrity of the pipeline systems
- ensure and perform evaluation of the various inspection results as part of the overall condition evaluation
- develop and maintain relevant company standards, procedures, tools and databases related to pipeline operation and maintenance in accordance with best industry practice
- generate, plan and provide support for the execution of marine operations.
Furthermore, you will provide input for budgets and reporting to management. Your work will also include tendering for and review of work related to the maintenance of pipeline systems, including working with and managing contractors and consulting engineering companies.
When familiar with our systems, you will be included in a duty roster to cover emergency situations.
Your competences include that you
- have a bachelor's or master's degree, preferably in structural/hydrodynamic engineering or mechanical engineering
- have 5-10+ years' experience within subsea and pipeline engineering and/or with practical pipeline operation and maintenance as well as experience in marine and subsea operations and inspection methods
- have experience working with and managing engineering/contracting companies, manufacturers and equipment suppliers
- have a proactive and systematic approach to your work tasks as well as a high focus on health and safety
- speak and write English fluently; knowledge of a Scandinavian language is an advantage.
Furthermore, you thrive in an international environment and have the ability to create good relationships with your stakeholders.
Working at Ørsted
We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 28 February 2018, as we'll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don't hesitate to contact Lars Erik Storck, Head of O&M Offshore Pipelines, on telephone +45 9951 2650, if you'd like to know more about the position.
You should expect some travelling in relation to your work, as your work may also involve participation in marine campaigns on vessels with a view to supervising subsea activities.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder