Would you like to join a highly skilled team dedicated to delivering state-of-the-art support structures for our global offshore wind farm portfolio?
Join us and become our new Offshore Load Engineer for large offshore wind projects in the Loads, Aerodynamics & Control department. Here, you’ll be responsible for performing site-specific load calculations and assessing metocean conditions for our future offshore wind farms and the design and re-assessment of wind turbine support structures.
You’ll work alongside 19 competent and passionate colleagues of various nationalities and cultural backgrounds who value professional discussions in an informal atmosphere.
Your key tasks will be to
- assess metocean conditions to establish site specific design basis for the design of offshore support structures as well as validation of RNA
- prepare and perform load calculations as part of an iterative support structure design process
- develop, improve and document our in-house analysis tools in MATLAB and Delphi environments.
The support structure designs are performed in an iterative process in close cooperation with our structural design engineers, geotechnical engineers and wind turbine manufacturers, and you’ll therefore be cooperating in interdisciplinary project teams.
Your competences include that you
- have a master's degree in engineering and experience in either load analysis of offshore wind turbines using aeroelastic codes or assessment of metocean conditions and loads for offshore structures
- have a thorough understanding of structural dynamics, hydrodynamics, aero-elasticity, stochastic processes and statistics
- have good programming skills
- have an analytical approach to your work, and can prioritise and manage multiple tasks in a timely and effective manner.
- have excellent communication skills and speak and write English fluently.
As a person, you are motivated by creating excellent and high-quality results through teamwork. Furthermore, you show initiative, collaborate easily with colleagues and business partners and provide and welcome feedback.
Working at Ørsted
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 11 March 2018 at 23:59 CET, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Torben Søndergaard, Head of Loads, Aerodynamics and Control, by telephone on +45 9955 7125 or Mads Bredsgaard Randers, Team Lead in Metocean Assessment & Foundation Loads, by telephone on +45 9955 4782 if you’d like to know more about the position.
You may choose freely to be based either at our office in Skærbæk near Fredericia or in Gentofte in the Greater Copenhagen area. You should expect some travelling in relation to your work.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder