Would you like to be responsible for the construction of the world’s largest offshore wind farms?
Join us and become Senior Offshore Installation Specialist in the Offshore Cable Installation department where you’ll be responsible for engineering, tendering and managing the installation of export and array cables from the early design phase through tendering, contract signing and on to the final execution of the project.
The Offshore Cable Installation department is part of Construction under EPC, delivering installation of wind farms globally. The Offshore Cable Installation department is made up of skilled and dedicated people providing project management competences and technical cable Installation specialists competences during all stages of the projects.
Your key tasks will be to
- support the project with a strong focus on safety, quality, contracts and budget
- manage and coordinate key offshore cable installation activities
- review and optimise contractor installation procedures prior to and during installation
- identify and manage risks and develop best practice by means of continual improvement
- engage with internal and external stakeholders, developing trust and cooperation.
Typical scopes of work for you to manage include: cable installation, cable burial, cable protection system installation, rock placement, crossing installation, intertidal works and jointing operations.
Your competences include that you
- have experience with subsea cable installation construction projects in a key role in the project, for example as Installation Manager, Installation Engineer or Project Engineer
- have strong proven stakeholder management skills
- have a proactive and systematic approach to your work tasks
- speak and write English fluently
- thrive in an international environment and are able to create good relationships with your stakeholders.
Furthermore, you should have a relevant engineering background with demonstrable competences from offshore construction projects and with proven project, contract and interface management skills.
Working at Ørsted
Our vision is to create a world that runs entirely on green energy. This ambitious goal relies on maximising the talents of a truly inclusive workforce that brings diversity of thought, perspective, knowledge and background to our business.
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 14 February 2020 as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Tony Livingstone, Manager for Offshore Cable Installation by telephone on +44 78 9669 9733 if you’d like to know more about the position.
All UK-based positions will be subject to satisfactory pre-employment screening, further details will be given at offer stage.
You should expect some travelling in relation to your work.
Criminal record certificate
Please note that for Danish applicants, we may request a criminal record certificate in connection with this job, and that employment will be subject to the information listed. The criminal record certificate will only be used in the assessment if the criminal activity is of relevance to the position.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder