Offshore Cable Installation Manager responsible for export and array cables
Would you like to be responsible for sending green electricity from some of the world's largest wind farms to consumer households?
Join us and become Offshore Cable Installation Manager in the Offshore Cable Installation department which is responsible for engineering, tendering and supervising the installation of both export and array cables from early design and feed, via tender and contract signing to final installation.
The department is part of Wind Power which has 1800 employees and is one of four business units in DONG Energy. Wind Power is the world’s largest developer and operator of offshore wind power, and we use our unique knowledge in all phases of our wind turbine projects. During the last 20 years, we have developed and constructed the largest portfolio of offshore wind farms in Northern Europe, and we are expanding with international activities in the US and Asia-Pacific.
You may choose freely to be based either at one of our Danish offices in Gentofte in the Greater Copenhagen area or in Skærbæk near Fredericia or alternatively at our London office in the United Kingdom on local terms and conditions. However, you should expect extensive travelling in relation to your work.
Your key tasks will be to
- manage and coordinate offshore cable installation contracts for all phases of the project, including coordination of on-site cable installation activities, supply of cable protection systems, rock dumping activities, intertidal works, jointing operations, etc
- ensure that the project is on time and that quality and economy are within the required standards
- review and optimise installation procedures prior to and during installation
- coordinate and attend inspections of vessels, tools, storage provided for the projects
- identify and manage project risks and opportunities.
In addition, you will maintain the daily contacts with client representatives and report to management. You will also be responsible for liaising and managing communication with the Marine Warranty Surveyor.
Your qualifications and core competences include that you
- have a relevant engineering background or equivalent competences and extensive experience from offshore construction projects
- have proven project, contract and interface management skills and excellent communication skills enabling you to create and maintain a professional relationship with all your stakeholders
- have strong communication skills and speak and write English fluently
- can stay calm, maintain your overview and focus on the essentials during busy periods.
You have personal drive and a dedicated and responsible approach to your work. Furthermore, you enjoy sharing your knowledge with your colleagues in the project group and in your department.
A unique and challenging job where you have every opportunity to develop your skills, when you help to carry out some of the world's largest offshore wind projects. Furthermore, an opportunity to work with great people in a dedicated and ambitious department
In DONG Energy Wind Power, we have a high level of expertise and many complex and challenging work tasks. We work goal-oriented and efficiently with some of the world's largest offshore wind projects, and we are committed to reducing the cost of electricity.
For Denmark, please do not hesitate to contact Jacob Edmonds, Head of Offshore Cable Installation, on telephone +45 9955 5034 if you want to know more about the position.
For the United Kingdom, please do not hesitate to contact the Recruitment Specialist by email on email@example.com.
We look forward to receiving your application, CV and diplomas as electronic files as soon as possible and no later than 18 October 2017, as we will be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
All UK based positions will be subject to satisfactory pre-employment screening, further details will be given at offer stage.
Click on the button to submit your application.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder
Tlf.: +45 9955 5034