Imagine a future where state-of-the-art numerical models and digital tools are driving the creation of a world that runs entirely on green energy
Join us in this role where you’ll drive the design and implementation of mathematical models and software tools used by domain experts and engineers across our company.
Welcome to our Numerical Competence Centre
You’ll be part of a highly specialised and dynamic team of physicists, mathematicians, and engineers where you, together with your colleagues, will push the current limits of the processes and models used for driving the transformation into a renewable energy landscape. Our main responsibility is to ensure robust and reliable tools through expert knowledge within a large range of mathematical disciplines and good software development practices, such as version control, continuous integration, and testing.
You’ll play an important role in:
- scoping in-house modelling and/or machine-learning tools
- developing and maintaining in-house modelling software to enable our company’s mission
- identifying opportunities within the business where machine learning and mathematical modelling can be used to improve the current processes.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a PhD or master’s degree in the natural sciences or a related field, e.g. computer science, physics, mathematics, etc.
- have a good overview of modelling and statistical methods
- have a strong overview and knowledge of machine learning
- are proficient in one or more compiled and/or interpreted languages and have a good overview of the strengths and weaknesses of each language (we primarily use Python or .NET)
- are good at taking the initiative, engaging and communicating with relevant stakeholders, and driving projects towards their goals.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 01. August 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Matej Simurda, Team Lead, on +4599552381 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that this is a fixed-term position with a duration time of 17 months.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application, including your CV and grade transcripts, via our online career pages.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.