Numerical Product Manager
Join us in this role where, as part of your team, you’ll shape the mathematical models and software systems which are used by domain experts and engineers within Ørsted
Imagine a future where state of the art numerical models and products drive the creation of offshore wind farms and enable a green transformation
Join us in this role where, as part of your team, you’ll shape the mathematical models and software systems which are used by domain experts and engineers within Ørsted to design the next generation logistics, layout, and Power-to-X solutions. The main responsibility of the role is to ensure continuous delivery of value through good software development practices and continuous alignment with our internal stakeholders. The role allows you to continuously sharpen your product management skills whilst seeing the impact of your deliverables.
Welcome to Numerical Competence Centre
You’ll be part of Modelling Solutions, Product Management where you, together with your colleagues across the globe, will optimise the delivery of state-of-the-art digital products with a strong mathematical content to drive the renewable energy transformation. We’re a team of 50 highly skilled Numerical Specialists and Product Managers, which excels in mathematical modelling and tool creation, helping each other with collaboration and feedback, introducing innovation in the whole of Ørsted. As an ambitious and bright team player, you’ll work creatively with colleagues from across the organisation, developing relationships, mutual understanding, and adding value to the business.
You’ll play an important role in:
- defining the vision and prioritising needs of in-house modelling software to enable the Ørsted mission
- using your passion and understanding of people to build impactful products that address customers' needs from different parts of the organisation
- motivating and inspiring the team members in reaching clear goals and scoped features
- identifying opportunities within the business where machine learning and mathematical modelling can be used to improve the current processes.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have in-depth knowledge of Agile processes and/or product management principles, good communication, presentation, leadership skills, and business acumen
- have good experience with modelling, statistical methods, and machine learning
- ideally are proficient or have a strong interest in one or more compiled and/or interpreted languages - we primarily use Python or .NET for desktop and web applications
- ideally hold a master’s degree or PhD in the natural sciences or a related field, e.g., computer science, physics, mathematics, etc.
- are proactive and a quick learner: if you do not check all the points above, we would still very much like to hear from you.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing, green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 18 December 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Gabriele Bedon, Head of Modelling Solutions, on (Netherlands +31) 655110220, if you’d like to know more about the position.
If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process, we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder