Are you interested in securing clean, safe, sustainable and energy-efficient drinking water for the world and travelling while doing it?
NIRAS is a Danish consulting firm providing a portfolio of technical solutions that improve livability around the world. We are one of Denmark's leading consultants in the water utility sector—a rapidly growing area due to resource scarcity and related complexities. Our work in this sector incorporates skills and technologies where "smart grid", "smart city" and "smart networks" are not just clever buzzwords, but systems that can actually be implemented.
We have expanded considerably on the international market within the segment of streamlining of drinking water distribution systems, including hydraulic modeling, leakage management and performance benchmarking. Due to this growth, NIRAS is recruiting!
We are currently seeking an experienced expert to lead the technical part of an innovative Non-Revenue Water (NRW) project in the United Arab Emirates.
The project scope is to implement a water network system that integrates all data and systems from GIS to SCADA into a dedicated platform consisting of an online (real-time) hydraulic model and a management information system that monitors the state as well as the performance of the operation. The water network management system is used as a supporting tool for optimizing the operation as well as a reporting system for monitoring and benchmarking.
The job requires strong technical skills in a broad range of technical areas from IT systems to hydraulic modelling, capacity building, field instrumentation and performance optimization.
We are looking for a self-driven, experienced person to take the technical lead in our existing project and at the same time work with our International Market Director to develop new business opportunities in the Middle East.
As the Senior Consultant and Technical Lead, you will join our team of 2-3 engineers presently implementing the project on-site. You will also work closely with the Danish team based in NIRAS headquarters outside Copenhagen in Denmark.
The selected candidate will act as the main contact for the client and serve as the right hand to NIRAS’ Project Director.
- International project experience in developing and/or transition countries
- Minimum Master’s degree in a relevant field
- + 10 years of experience with NRW, hydraulic solutions and optimizing utility infrastructure
- English speaking and writing on a high business level
- Proven IT skills including programming, database, security etc.
- Proven client-facing, interactive and relationship-building skills at mid-to senior level
- Experience with project risk management and writing technical proposals and reports
- An approach that balances ability to work independently with team orientation and an overarching commitment to the Client.
- Experience with GIS, SCADA, Asset Management and/or similar systems
- Understanding of what it means to be a project back-stop, technical tower of knowledge and sharing professional knowledge
- Experience with large tenders, especially as Bid Manager
- Experience in GCC countries, e.g. UAE or similar markets
- Other languages e.g. Arabic, Bahasa Malay
- An exciting position in a dynamic environment
- Exciting opportunities to grow and develop both personally and professionally
- A high degree of independence based on technical skills and competencies
- An inspiring, collaborative atmosphere with dedicated colleagues where sharing and team efforts are valued
- Comprehensive expat insurance including a medical plan, travel, personal liability and property damage
- Competitive salary according to experience and qualifications
- Job Title: Senior Consultant, Technical lead for Non-Revenue Water
- Reports to: Project Director NRW, HQ Denmark
- Based: Client site, Al Ain, UAE
- Contract/work permit through: NIRAS-affiliated company
- Period: Fixed term contract of 2 ½ years
- Extension: Depending on project development and other contracts secured
If you fulfill the above requirements and would like to know more about this opportunity and NIRAS, you are welcome to submit a CV and Cover Letter.
Deadline 1st of November 2019
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.