Network Specialist to design and implement network solutions in large infrastructure projects
Would you like to become part of driving the development and implementation of the network solutions for future Siemens’ infrastructure projects, including the Copenhagen Metropolitan railway and The Greater Copenhagen Light rail?
Siemens is building the new state of the art railway based solutions for mass transportation in the Copenhagen metropolitan area, namely the S-bane and The Greater Copenhagen Light rail.
As a Network Specialist, you will join the team who designs and implements the network solutions necessary to secure reliable and redundant communication in very complex systems consisting of thousands of units including everything from interlocking relays and axel-counters to CCTV cameras and passenger information monitors.
You will become a permanent part of the Network Design team. You are expected to have extensive knowledge and experience in the area of network design and system architecture, including everything from infrastructure diagrams and network architecture over IP-planning to network security. You must be able to understand complex technical problems and translate it into simple, yet reliable and elegant solutions to ensure high availability and of course complete security in the technical backbone in the future of public transportation in the Greater Copenhagen area.
- Design, implementation and documentation of the Network Architecture.
- Translate system requirements, as well as internal requirements, into reliable and elegant solutions.
- Support the Project Management in coordinating network activities through the different phases of the project.
- Be involved in planning and participating in system tests.
- Always consider Network Security aspects in everything you produce.
- Some travel to Germany must be expected - approximately 25 days per year.
Siemens offers you
- Personal and professional development opportunities in a challenging international environment
- To be part of a growing function with a dynamic, informal and inspiring working environment
- You will join a team of highly passionate colleagues. You can meet your new colleagues here
- You have an educational degree as an Engineer or within IT with strong experience in network architecture in an industrial environment, WI-FI, cabling and design as well as some experience in project engineering management in large complex technical systems. Experience with radio communication is a plus.
- You have a minimum of 3-5 years proven experience as a Network Specialist or similar
- You have strong analytical and communication skills and are fluent in spoken and written English.
- You understand the importance of stakeholder involvement, and are able to accomplish win/win solutions through team work.
- You must not be afraid to get your hands dirty. You will have to go on site and run the wires, do the configuration and perform the tests. This is not only a desk job.
is a part of the Siemens Group. We are active within the transport sector, i.e. with rolling stock for railroads - from high-speed trains over regional trains and locomotives to S-trains, trolleys and metro systems, power supply plants and electrification systems for electric trains as well as safety technical solutions for railroads. Read more here
We continuously strive to strengthen our position in the market, which is why we are searching for the most competent employees, who are eager to become part of a dynamic and international organization that offers exceptional opportunities to its employees.
If you wish to know more about the position, please contact Design Engineer, James Porteous at firstname.lastname@example.org or +45 2722 0019 or IT administrator Kenneth Petersen at email@example.com or +45 5173 2597.
Please apply as soon as possible, as we see candidates on a continuous basis.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.