Network Engineer and Architect in a Challenging Global Environment
In COWI we are experiencing an increased demand for our IT services, so in order to continue the delivery of substantial results, we are looking for a Network Specialist to become a part of our ambitious team.
Our new colleague will become a part of our Infrastructure Services team of 9 people located at our head office in Lyngby and in Vilnius. We support 7,000+ internal users in 73 sites around the world. We are operating in a challenging environment, where network technologies are constantly developed and the business requests more efficient and effective solutions. This requires cooperation and problem solving with the rest of the 100 colleagues in Group IT, many of them located in Lithuania.
Our strengthened position in the market brings new and extensive projects and therefore our new Network Engineer and Architect should be experienced and passionate about network technologies and the way they evolve.
The co-creator of COWI's future network strategy
Our new colleague will provide network expertise in various Group IT projects and become technical advisor for Niels Grum, Head of Section and the main tasks and responsibilities will include:
You will be based in COWI headquarters in Lyngby and act as a network solutions designer and architect in a team of three very competent network specialists located in Vilnius.
- You will help create and facilitate COWI's future network strategy
- You will participate in incident, problem and capacity management processes
- You will help drive solutions from idea to completion
- You will analyze and report on network issues at hand
- You will ensure all systems are documented, kept current and secure
- You will monitor and provide effective supervision of contractor/consultant service delivery
- You will participate in designing new IT infrastructures.
Current Roadmap Projects for 2019 and forward
Among other projects and development, these are highlights of the 2019 Roadmap
- Global SD-WAN Solution
- Global IP Segmentation
- Introduce OSPF Globally
- Upgrade of Global wifi solution from HP to Aruba
- Optimize WAN for Office365 and Cloud Services
Abreast of latest technology
You have at least 10 years of experience working with global networking discipline as well as hands-on experience with a majority of the COWI network technologies listed below. Preferably, you also have an ITIL foundation and knowledge about working with ServiceNOW.
Technologies and concepts used in COWI:
- Global WAN solutions spanning MPLS and VPN tunnels
- WAN optimizers
- Citrix NetScalers
- LAN and WIFI equipment
- Network cable- and fiber technology
- Switching and Routing
- Server Virtualization
- Network monitoring and capacity
- Cloud solutions such as Azure and Office365.
Analytical and service-minded
In addition to the above listed professional qualifications, you can recognize yourself in the following statements:
- You have an urge look forward in the network world and find potential improvements.
- You have strong organizational and time management skills
- You have experience working in a large organization in an international environment
- You are service-minded and understand the value of an internal support function
- You have the ability to translate complex technical information across all levels of the organization
- You have strong analytical skills
- You have excellent skills in both written and spoken English.
COWI as a workplace
We can offer you an exciting job where we place emphasis on personal commitment, responsibility and independence in everything we do. You will be a part of an open and informal working environment within an international team, where virtual meetings are common practice, we also offer:
A great place to utilize your interpersonal and technical skills
High performance and international environment with colleagues around the world
Great opportunities for personal and professional development in a global company within service and support business as well as technical IT areas.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact:
Niels Grum, Head of Section
Mobile: +45 2345 5634
We look forward to receiving your CV and application in English or Danish, no later than 15 February 2019.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.