Are you newly graduate or have a few years of experience, know C, have some Linux knowledge, and have strong desire to learn more, then you could be the candidate we are looking for? Come join our BSP/driver team, which brings up new silicon and develops bootloaders, drivers and adds Linux support to the silicon developed by your colleagues next door.
Microchip Denmark has an R&D site located in Herlev. We are a team of 35 engineers, developing Ethernet network switches for Enterprise, Industrial and automotive markets. The Denmark site represents all the engineering disciplines from initial product definition, RTL design, SW development, reference systems and technical support. Microchip Denmark is part of Microchip USB and Networking Group (UNG), which have sites in USA, India, Taiwan, and China.
You will be working in our BSP (Board Support Package) team who is responsible for developing and supporting SecureBoot ROM, U-Boot, Linux platform support and Linux kernel drivers for our various HW peripherals. The Hardware we support includes a mix of ARMv7, ARMv8 and MIPS CPUs, and a high-performance advanced Ethernet Switch. The job role includes initial bring-up, porting of existing features and development of new features, upstreaming software to the Linux and U-Boot communities, and supporting customers and application team using the BSPs. You will be working closely together with your colleagues in the BSP team, application team, SQA, and the HW/RTL teams. We will of course ensure your responsibilities matches your experience and provide plenty of opportunities to grow.
Education and Qualifications
- B.Sc. or M.Sc.
- C Programming.
- Interest in Linux, Linux kernel development and open-source community.
- Good English communication skills – written as well as oral.
- Are a team player but able to work independently - a self-starter, adaptable to rapidly changing market requirements.
- A plus if you have experience with git, Linux, Yocto, Buildroot, network technologies, security, kernel development,
- open-source community.
What we offer?
- Join an established experienced team, determined to grow your skills from good to great.
- Opportunity to work closely with Linux kernel community and attend relevant conferences.
- Direct access to experts developing the relevant HW, chips, network technologies and standards.
- International work environment and opportunities to travel.
- Options to work-from-home 1-2 days a week, parental leave, occasional social gatherings.
- Informal, pleasant office environment with 2-3 sharing an office. Breakfast, lunch, coffee and fruit in the cafeteria
- Competitive compensation including employee share option scheme.
- Competitive benefits such as: Pension, Healthcare, Stock Options etc.
If you’re interested and feel that you have the right skills that we’re looking for, apply today at Denmark@microchip.com
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.
Microchip Technology Inc. is a leading provider of microcontroller, mixed-signal, analog and Flash-IP solutions, providing low-risk product development, lower total system cost and faster time to market for thousands of diverse customer applications worldwide.
For more information, visit www.microchip.com