Metocean Measurement Engineer for measurement campaigns on offshore wind farms
Are you a seasoned metocean engineer with a passion for measurements?
Join us and become Metocean Measurement Engineer in the Measurements department with 18 employees. Here, you will work closely with suppliers of metocean measurement equipment to ensure that we are always supplied with the best technologies for deployment of our wind farms.
You will work closely with stakeholders across the organisation, including experts in wave assessment, loads analysis, foundation design and site classification in designing the best metocean measurement campaigns for our offshore wind farms. Furthermore, you will help ensure that our wind farms are serviced and provided with an up-to-date metocean measurement campaign that is adapted to the project requirements during all phases of their life cycle.
The department is part of Wind Power which has 1800 employees and is one of four business units in DONG Energy. Wind Power is the world's largest developer and operator of offshore wind power, and we use our unique knowledge in all phases of our wind turbine projects. During the last 20 years, we have developed and constructed the largest portfolio of offshore wind farms in Northern Europe, and we are expanding with international activities in the US and Asia-Pacific.
You may choose freely to be based either at our office in Skærbæk near Fredericia or in Gentofte in the Greater Copenhagen area. However, you should expect some travelling to our different sites and occasionally to offshore wind farms with our contractors when systems are installed, commissioned and maintained.
Your key tasks will be to
- be an active member within the metocean expertise area and be part of the in-house knowledge hub for metocean measurement equipment, covering wave, tidal and ocean current measurements
- work with specifying, deploying and ensuring maintenance of floating LiDAR equipment from suppliers
- be assigned to projects in all phases of the wind farm life cycle and be responsible for metocean equipment, including coordination with the local site HSE organisation
- ensure that measurements are of the required quality to match the campaign specification, and be in close contact with in-house stakeholders to proactively identify campaign requirements from customers
- be subject matter engineer during procurement negotiations on projects, and manage contractors during preparation and execution of campaigns.
You will work alongside a Measurement Manager and other campaign-responsible engineers in designing, executing and maintaining measurement campaigns for the metocean area on our utility scale wind farms. We aim at always being able to design and implement the highest value measurement campaigns that meet the need of our internal customers, enabling them to receive the data needed for design efforts and site assessment.
You will also contribute actively to the development of our knowledge base and participate in solving related development tasks and studies.
Your qualifications and core competences include that you
- have a relevant education within engineering or natural sciences and substantial operational/field experience within the areas of expertise
- have substantial knowledge within the area of metocean measurements including key technologies such as wave buoys/radars, current profilers as well as floating LiDARs
- are used to interacting with contractors and accustomed to the procurement process and negotiations
- have broad experience with managing HSE proactively as a natural part of projects and campaigns and experience with NEBOSH or similar
- speak and write English fluently, have good communication skills and are able to present results professionally to your colleagues and stakeholders.
It is an advantage if you have knowledge of the full life cycle of offshore wind farm projects and experience with working in complex matrix organisations. It is also beneficial if you have experience with managing contractors and installation of equipment on offshore sites.
As a person, you are open-minded and thrive working with stakeholders outside your department with different focus areas. You have the ability to find pragmatic solutions as well as to prioritise your tasks during busy and challenging periods. Furthermore, you are able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously in a timely and effective manner.
An exciting and interesting job where your work will bring you new challenges continuously. We are a team spanning a number of expertise areas. We cover nine nationalities and come from diverse backgrounds. In the department, we place emphasis on creating a feedback culture, and we especially focus on leadership, processes and development of our employees' competences.
In DONG Energy Wind Power, we have a high level of expertise and many complex and challenging work tasks. We work goal-oriented and efficiently with some of the world's largest offshore wind projects, and we are committed to reducing the cost of electricity.
Please do not hesitate to contact Anders Thoft Marcussen, Manager in Measurements, on telephone +45 9955 5989 if you want to know more about the position.
We look forward to receiving your application, CV and diplomas as electronic files as soon as possible and no later than 12 August 2017, as we will be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Click on the button to submit your application.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder