Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for metocean assessment and load calculations for the design and reassessment of offshore support structures. We work in the forefront of the industry with next generation technology and we want to remain best in class.
Welcome to Metocean & Loads
You’ll be part of Metocean Assessment & Structural Loads where you, together with your colleagues, will support our projects with expertise in metocean conditions and load calculations. First and foremost, we support the design of support structures. Our competences also support activities within offshore logistics, O&M, cable design and installation, and our WTG organisation. You’ll join a strong group of 35 experts in the Metocean & Loads department in which responsibilities also include our in-house aero-elastic load simulation tool, WTG models, load measurement analyses, and load verification.
You’ll play an important role in:
- scoping, procuring, and analysing metocean data to establish a site-specific design basis
- preparing and performing load calculations as part of the support structure design process using our in-house aero-elastic simulation tool
- planning and coordinating our project deliverables towards a variety of stakeholders
- developing, improving, and documenting our in-house analysis tools in MATLAB and Python
- cooperating closely with structural designers, geotechnical engineers, wind turbine manufacturers, O&M, and many other internal and external stakeholders to deliver the best solutions together.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a master’s degree or PhD in engineering
- have a thorough understanding of metocean conditions, structural dynamics, hydrodynamics, aero-elasticity, stochastic processes, and/or statistics
- are fast and curious to learn from our wide range of technical and commercial experts
- have good coordination skills
- are able to and thrive in navigating in a large matrix organisation with many stakeholders – it’s therefore essential that you have excellent communication skills and speak and write English fluently.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application no later than 1 November 2020. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Don’t hesitate to contact Mads Bredsgaard Randers, Team Lead, Metocean Assessment & Structural Loads, by telephone on +45 99 55 47 82 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.